Forum

What do you think of animating physics with Blender Game Engine?

31 August 2017 07:09
Small example manipulating gravity.
31 August 2017 10:31
I like it.
31 August 2017 10:33
Small example manipulating gravity.
Why you don't want to use blend4web (bullet) phisics? You also can control it using javascript code.
phisics_example.blend
Blend4web and that kind of thing.
31 August 2017 19:52
Why you don't want to use blend4web (bullet) phisics? You also can control it using javascript code.

Hello Mikhail, for some reasons:
1. I am learning javascript.
2. In B4W we are missing (Triangle Mesh and Convex Hull), in BGE the physics is more real with more complex objects.
3. At this moment I feel more comfortable with python.

I have very clear that if the user should interact with the physical in the application I must use javascript, if it is only a visual simulation I can use python or javascript depending on the real thing I want to be the animation.
Regards.
31 August 2017 20:21
set_gravity(obj, gravity)
Set the object's gravity.
Parameters:

Name Type Description
obj Object3D Object 3D
gravity number Positive object gravity

I've been looking at the api and gravity is actually implemented.
From my point of view (I am an amateur)
Advantages of b4w: gravity can affect a single object if I want, in BGE the entire scene is affected as it applies to the world.
We can interact in real time, in bge we can not, it is a baked animation.

Cons of b4w: It is only applied to an axis, I understand that it is the z axis since the parameter is a number, not a vector. In bge you can apply the forces in the 3 axes.
Could you correct me if you did not?

I'll try to make an example with Suzanne and b4w, see if I can.
01 September 2017 10:59
Hi Juani,

Advantages of b4w: gravity can affect a single object if I want, in BGE the entire scene is affected as it applies to the world.
We can interact in real time, in bge we can not, it is a baked animation.
yes, this is true, although there is an example of how to do it for a single object in BGE by playing with conterforce: link

Cons of b4w: It is only applied to an axis, I understand that it is the z axis since the parameter is a number, not a vector. In bge you can apply the forces in the 3 axes.
yes, this is the amount of gravity along the Z axis
however, at first glance, it seems to be easy to implement the whole 3d vector for controlling gravity, we'll think about adding this feature to the physics API
01 September 2017 20:35
Hello Ivan, have not you contemplated the possibility of implementing Collision Bounds Convex Hull ?.
The Collision Bounds Triangle Mesh is easy to simulate with planes for concave surfaces or surfaces with holes, not convex surfaces.
04 September 2017 12:33
yes, we're planning to support Convex Hull and Triangle Mesh eventually, I cannot say an exact date though, but should be before long
04 September 2017 12:53
Great!!
10 September 2017 18:37
Hi, I finally mastered gravity, how to work gravity in b4w is different from BGE, I made an example by applying torque at the same time as gravity. If we click on the letter 'o' the cube will rotate and rise, when we release the key the cube will fall. I put it in a web of my company, I do not know how to put the project for all to see.

www.excavacionestrapero.com/letra

Please register or log in to leave a reply.