Forum

Locking texture scaling?

23 September 2017 20:55
Hi all,

This might be more of Blender question than B4W, either way, I can't figure out what I'm trying to do.

I'm currently building a room-configurator, which on the whole is going pretty well.

My current issue arises within the workflow… So, they're offices… Some are bigger than others, but fundamentally my starting point has every surface (wall, floor etc) with a default material and texture (to be changed by the User in the UI, when the app is in use).

To keep production hours down, every time I build an office with different dimensions, I want to work from the same basic scene, but here's the problem.

So let's start with when I stretch the 'main wall' from say, 10ft to 15ft, it's UV map stretches (as it's supposed to), however, I would obviously like the 'wallpaper pattern' NOT to scale WITH the wall, almost like how global mapping works.

In a nutshell, is there a feature in Blender that makes the map scale down proportionally to the expanding geometry?

Sorry if this sounds like Chinese and I'm not being clear, I've done my best.

C
25 September 2017 14:39
Hi. For wall you can use Global mapping that will keep size of the texture independent from geometry. Just connect Glibal output from Geometry node to the texture and rotate it a little using Mapping node.
Blend4web and that kind of thing.

Please register or log in to leave a reply.