Forum

Why isn't this animating?

26 October 2017 00:36
Super dumb question to start with, but I just can't seem to get this animation working.

It's a simple box with a lid opening using an armature with only 1 bone. It animates just fine in blender but won't show up at all in the viewer.

I've attached the file. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help.
26 October 2017 10:20
uper dumb question to start with, but I just can't seem to get this animation working.

It's a simple box with a lid opening using an armature with only 1 bone. It animates just fine in blender but won't show up at all in the viewer.

I've attached the file. What am I doing wrong?
Hi, you need to set Apply Defalt Animation checkbox on the armature.
Blend4web and that kind of thing.
26 October 2017 14:54
Thanks. I just tried that. It still doesn't seem to work. Tried checking it on the object as well. Still not working.
26 October 2017 15:21
Thanks. I just tried that. It still doesn't seem to work. Tried checking it on the object as well. Still not working.
You also need to remve Apply Modifiers on your box object, becaouse it's freez all modifiers and applies them to the object.
Blend4web and that kind of thing.
26 October 2017 15:31
Thanks for the quick response. And for the solution – it works!.

I had tried applying the modifier, but I hadn't switched the "apply modifiers" checkbox off. Once i did, it worked.

So in order to animate something you have to have all the modifiers applied and uncheck "apply modifiers" even if they're aren't any left. Makes sense.

Please register or log in to leave a reply.