Forum

Shading issue with normal map

17 November 2017 17:16
Hello everybody!

I was trying to shade this tire model in B4W. This is the node tree and how the model looks in Blender's viewport. Everything's fine.

And this is how it looks like when I run the blend4web Preview:

As you see there's a weird shading issue going on and I can't figure out why. I have already thought of several common pitfalls but found no working solution so far.
Can anybody help me? Thanks in advance!
17 November 2017 18:11
Hi! Can you attache the blend file?
Blend4web and that kind of thing.
17 November 2017 18:22
Yes, of course!

Forum_test.blend
17 November 2017 18:24
Ah, sorry, the map wasn't packed. Here it is with packed textures:

Forum_test.blend
17 November 2017 19:10
As you see there's a weird shading issue going on and I can't figure out why. I have already thought of several common pitfalls but found no working solution so far.
Can anybody help me? Thanks in advance!
Please make sure you've selected Non-Color space for the normal map image
Blend4Web Team - developer
Twitter
LinkedIn
20 November 2017 10:12
I did. :-(
20 November 2017 10:29
Ah, sorry, the map wasn't packed. Here it is with packed textures:

Forum_test.blend
You have an Hemi as light source it has a different implementation of specular in Blender and Blend4Web, try to use sun or any other and you'll get the same result.
Blend4web and that kind of thing.
20 November 2017 11:30
Sorry, but that doesn't work either. I tried sun, point and spot, but it didn't change anything.
20 November 2017 11:34
I did. :-(
In the file that you've attached color space for normal map image is not Non-Color

Changing highlighted value to Non-Color works for me.
If it really doesn't solve your issue please provide info about your system and blend4web version
Blend4Web Team - developer
Twitter
LinkedIn
20 November 2017 11:55
OK, seems I use an outdated blend4web version (because that would be the only explanation why it works for you). I'll update and check again. Thank you!

Please register or log in to leave a reply.