Forum

How to make changes to the Leap Motion Example

19 November 2017 02:35
Hello Everyone!

I just bought my Leap and I wanted to test it with Blend4web so I could make some apps of my own.
I know Blend4web has a LeapMotion example so I ran it going to the SDK index, going to code snippets and choosing it from there. Runs perfectly.

The next thing that I wanted to do was to locate the .blend for the LeapMotion example, make a simple change, and see how it reflected. I found the .blend in blend4web_ce/blender/code_snippets/leap, opened it and simply changed the material of the ground, then saved. Sadly, I saw no changes whatsoever to the ground when running the example again.

So I thought that maybe I had to clone to the project to have it in the "projects" folder, so I did. However, running the copied project turned out to be worse since that one won't recognize the LeapMotion at all, my hands won't show up!

I was wondering if any of you guys could help me, I really want to make changes to the blend file to start using that example as the base of my project and learn a lot with that.

Anything could help, thanks in advance!
19 November 2017 14:46
Have you exported your blend-file after saving? You can do this from Blender (File->Export->blend4Web (.json)), or "re-export scenes" from project server.
Alexander (Blend4Web Team)
twitter
19 November 2017 16:57
Hello, thanks for the quick reply!

I had not exported my blend file. I went to the project server, found the copied Leap project and selected "re-export scenes". Opening it again showed the new changes I had made, which is great! But then again.. the copied leap project doesn't recognize my leap motion, since I put my hands over the sensor and they don't show up. On the code snippets, it works just fine. Any reason why it could be?

Thanks again!
22 November 2017 15:47
Hello.
There could be different problems: the blend scene does not contain hand models, object names were changed and so on…
Could you send us your .blend-file and browser console output?
Blend4Web Team
kirill@blend4web.com

Please register or log in to leave a reply.