Forum

New Principled BSFD Shader with Cubemap Reflectoin

29 January 2018 12:46
Hi, first of all, sorry for my totally newbie question…. but i can't find a right way.

i'm trying to use the new Principled BSFD Shader for my materials, but i've a question :

In the Blog Post of 17.12 release there is a basic node scheme for PBR,

my question is, how can i use this with cubemap for reflections ? at the moment i've only a blank environment and a cubemap that make reflections for seome objects.

Thanks in advance for your best support guys !

Bye
29 January 2018 13:19
my question is, how can i use this with cubemap for reflections ? at the moment i've only a blank environment and a cubemap that make reflections for seome objects.

Thanks in advance for your best support guys !
Hi,

you can setup world material (which is used for environment lighting) via Cycles nodes utilizing equirectangular environment textures or via Blender Internal pipeline using cubemaps.
Blend4Web Team - developer
Twitter
LinkedIn
29 January 2018 13:36
I've try in all 2 ways, but unfortunately no reflection on BSFD material. also i've tried to increase the IOR but nothing.
29 January 2018 13:47
I've try in all 2 ways, but unfortunately no reflection on BSFD material. also i've tried to increase the IOR but nothing.
Oh I see, Transmission and IOR parameters are not supported for now (probably will in the next release).
Could you please attach example blend file?
Twitter
LinkedIn
29 January 2018 13:58
Sure,

here attached the test file. link

The orange material has a cubemap

The Black use principled BSFD.

Thanks for the support Konstantin !
29 January 2018 14:22
here attached the test file. link
Something went wrong) Please try again (using attach button under the new message text field)
Twitter
LinkedIn
29 January 2018 18:10
Strange… but i've found the solution. I've used environment map in Cycles as you suggest me but i've used the Material Output for BSFD and not the standard output. Now Works fine and i've reflections :-D

Please register or log in to leave a reply.