Forum

AR Camera set Initial Position

12 February 2018 08:44
Hello Guys,

I'm working on an AR project using Blend4Web and having studied the Solar System AR example, I have tried a few tests to make similar experiences to run on mobile phones using chrome browser.
My question is, how do I set AR camera's initial position in world space so that when the experience triggers, we need the camera in the desired position. This will be very helpful in artistic direction of the camera.

For your viewing I have attached a Blend4Web project, in which you can see a terrain and a proxy car like object. When the AR triggers I want the camera to be set on top of the car, but still it should act like an AR camera normally.

forumTerrain is the complete project.

Take a look at the attached image for easier understanding. Thanks in Advance.
15 February 2018 17:26
If I understand correctly you want to add the initial rotation to the whole 3d world. And what do you think about zooming? The closer you are to the marker the bigger the world. For your case the zoom should be locked, isn' it? I think we can add to our TODO such features. The solution could be a set of sensors for each separate parameter (translation and rotation increments and their derivatives, like zoom)
Alexander (Blend4Web Team)
twitter

Please register or log in to leave a reply.