Forum

Start of an online store

06 February 2015 22:10
Nothing fancy here, just getting started.
Test Store
07 February 2015 06:55
Looks promising.
The Founder | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
16 April 2015 03:01
Here is a bit of an update, same link as above http://aspectek.com/b4w/store/
16 April 2015 10:14
Great!

You might also try annotations with web links
untitled.blend
untitled.html
The Founder | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
16 April 2015 10:22

Ответ на сообщение пользователя trepaning
Here is a bit of an update, same link as above http://aspectek.com/b4w/store/
As advise. Most of your textures have NPOT resolution, therefore mipmaping dos not work on these textures, cos of that they're have some duzzling and looks sharp. If you make your textures, for example in 1024x1024 or 512x512 resolution, this will increase quality of your scene.
Also you have many obects with nonuniform scale and this may cause some troubles. Do the apply scale on them to avoid troubles in the future.
Blend4web and that kind of thing.
16 April 2015 19:05
All objects have had apply scale, location and rotation as standard procedure, but I'll look at them again, maybe something went wrong. I do know that trying to use

m_trans.set_rotation_euler(hr4907BirdFeeder, 0, .8, 0);

for the bird feeder did all kinds of weird rotations that made no numerical sense. I tried decimals, whole numbers, parts of 360 degrees, there was no consistency to getting the object to rotate in a sensible manner. I just rotated it in Blender and re-exported and skipped the set_rotation_euler

I will keep the game texture size mindset in the future. As it stands, this store is just a test platform, albeit a really cool one. Do the textures need to be square, or would 512x1024 be okay?

edit-I just checked and cannot find a single object that has not had the scale applied. Point out which are the offenders. I have scaled some objects with the .JS file using set_scale.
17 April 2015 08:16
I missed the "annotations with web links" mention. I had tried that for something else, but there is an issue with JSON loads and Check Visibility causing failure in load, plus the annotations do not get smaller when further away, causing for a cluttered screen when viewed from a distance and all those annotations are overlapping one another. It was suggested to try billboards. I am also thinking of a button below each product that glows, as having the packaging hotlinks makes for tricky moving around. Is there a way to make glow detect visibility so it does not show through walls? What about make a percent glow that stays relative to object size when moved closer to or further away from the object?
17 April 2015 10:19

I will keep the game texture size mindset in the future. As it stands, this store is just a test platform, albeit a really cool one. Do the textures need to be square, or would 512x1024 be okay?
The textures must be square if you need to tile them, otherwise you can use 512x1024.
Also you can combine four textures into one to keep them in square resolution.
Blend4web and that kind of thing.
17 April 2015 10:51
edit-I just checked and cannot find a single object that has not had the scale applied. Point out which are the offenders. I have scaled some objects with the .JS file using set_scale.

It can be seen with the developer's console. The first 5 lines are:
B4W WARN: non-uniform scale for object 展示架000
B4W WARN: non-uniform scale for object deng2008
B4W WARN: non-uniform scale for object deng2007
B4W WARN: non-uniform scale for object deng1001
B4W WARN: non-uniform scale for object batai-0011

Some notes about the code part. You are using such construction:
canvas_elem.addEventListener("mousedown", main_canvas_click, false);

When the user clicks the canvas he will be immediately transferred to the other page, which can be pretty frustrating if he just wanted to rotate the scene. I suggest you to replace mousedown with mouseup. This will also help to avoid auto-rotation bug when the user is back to the store's page.

One more thing - you are calling lots of such stuff when canvas is clicked:
var hr494ScaryEyeBalloons = m_scenes.get_object_by_name("hr494ScaryEyeBalloons");

It is not a very fast operation but you don't use hr494ScaryEyeBalloons later in your code. Probably, this can be removed?
17 April 2015 22:52
Thanks for the info.

I changed to MOUSEUP, a much smarter way for this version.

Saw some non-uniform in the building, I was checking the products.

Scary Eye Balloons are in the code like all the rest. It is the product on the OUTDOOR section at the very top.

Please register or log in to leave a reply.