Forum

Blend4Web 15.04 Released!

29 April 2015 11:01
We are happy to present Blend4Web 15.04! In this release, you will find shape keys and morphing, Blender's background settings, gamma node, improved annotations and more.
The Founder | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
29 April 2015 19:20
wow, I look forward to trying this out soon.
29 April 2015 20:15
I have been away for a while; busy with unrelated things . . .

The newest version looks promising. I looked at your example "Code Snippets"; and was especially interested in the Materials API. I have a suggestion; though I don't know how feasible it might be at this point:

It would be great if there were a way that you could create a realtime interactive slider/numerical entry; for each of the material settings that effectively work with Blend4web. Even if it were a separate browser run program (Suchas as your Code Snippets" Example); that could allow a user to develop a material in realtime; and see directly how it would interact as an HTML output. Perhaps it could export a simple text file; that could be imported into Blender and converted to a Material. I realize this could be a can of worms; when it comes to some of the more advanced approaches using nodes; though for basic materials, it could be a huge help & productivity booster.
30 April 2015 10:58
Hi, mcolinp

t would be great if there were a way that you could create a realtime interactive slider/numerical entry; for each of the material settings that effectively work with Blend4web. Even if it were a separate browser run program (Suchas as your Code Snippets" Example); that could allow a user to develop a material in realtime; and see directly how it would interact as an HTML output. Perhaps it could export a simple text file; that could be imported into Blender and converted to a Material. I realize this could be a can of worms; when it comes to some of the more advanced approaches using nodes; though for basic materials, it could be a huge help & productivity booster.
I understand why you have such ideas but I'll try to clarify our position.
Blend4Web always tries to simulate Blender's behavior. Of course, we can't support the full list of features and therefore, we are working on our custom Blender profile which will leave only supported options in the interface. Thus, there won't be a need in the instrument, that you've described. Everything that we see in Blender's Viewport should look similar to what you will see in Browser with Blend4Web. We always move from Blender to the Browser but not in reverse direction (If we speak about importing something from Blend4Web and converting it to a Material).

Please register or log in to leave a reply.