Forum

E-learning Intercative 3D/2D

11 October 2014 09:35
Hi
There are lots of different apps to create online & offline 3D interactive e-learning content. However seeing ability & capabilities of the blend4web add on it seems it is just create & run kind of thing without any browser plugin installation required. This makes B4W unique.
Me too trying to explore it more & more to achieve something meaningful. I have recently seen the fantastic rigging tutorial made by Chris Kuhn over here.

I am just wondering if the same thing can brought up in B4W with all its rich visual feel & interactive functions. Similar is with the recent Helicopter link of B4W. I have recently seen UFOa's empty & box B4W setup its in the same line on blenderartists forum.

Its cool to see myself do such thing in B4W in minimum time & less efforts. Any such tutorials Welcome ! to make such stunning stuff in B4W.

Thx
Visualizer

Visualization expert!
11 October 2014 10:28
Hi Visualizer and welcome to our forum!

I am just wondering if the same thing can brought up in B4W with all its rich visual feel & interactive functions.
I believe Blend4Web is the right tool to do such things. At the current development stage though we don't support constraints such as Track To, Locked Track and Transformation used in the tutorial you mentioned. However they can be easily replaced with a single armature rig. For example we rigged the Cessna aircraft for our Island demo in that way, and that was very easy.

Any such tutorials Welcome ! to make such stunning stuff in B4W.
Sure stay tuned

Thanks for your interest!
The Founder | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
11 October 2014 22:04
Hi
Yuri,

Island demo is beautiful & shows overall abilities of B4W.
A tutorial of such settings step by step most appreciated. Mainly the Helicopter one..
Also is there any near future chance of these "Track To, Locked Track and Transformation" getting covered under B4w's abilities?
I am loving this B4W .. & have lots of expectations ;))

Cheers!
Visualization expert!
13 October 2014 17:11
Hi!

A tutorial of such settings step by step most appreciated. Mainly the Helicopter one

Currently we are making a tutorial about artist tricks used to achieve photo-realism for the Watch demo. We'll definitely publish more usage examples on NLA Script.

Also is there any near future chance of these "Track To, Locked Track and Transformation" getting covered under B4w's abilities?

I think we could add the support some day. Meantime instead of these object-level constraints you can easily use the corresponding bone constraints and parent the moving parts to these bones. Note you will need to bake skeletal animation before exporting. See this and this tutorial for more info.
03 November 2014 18:58
Ответ на сообщение пользователя michaladdric
There are a lot of elearning development tools available right now in the market, and each one offers a unique function to increase learner engagement and ensure effective, meaningful learning experiences.
Articulate Storyline development

Thanks for sharing, and welcome to the forum!
29 December 2014 20:43
I would also like to see "Track To" & "Parent" Constraints recognized by Blend4web. Specifically; this would allow me to set up a spot lamp with shadows, that moves in relation to the camera. This would create interactive shadows that move as you navigate the scene.
30 December 2014 10:41
By this moment constrains can only be implemented by coding. Won't parenting alone do the trick, like this, for example?

(right now spot shadows are calculated not right - we're working on it)
30 December 2014 22:19
Yes!!! That is what I was looking for. I will have to play with it some more.

Please register or log in to leave a reply.