Forum

Animated Alpha Fade-In

31 May 2015 20:42
My project is stalled over the following problem:

The “code_snippets” demo includes an example of procedural camera animation. This feature is perfect for my needs, except that I also wish to have a plane object, containing an image, fade in after the camera animation completes. In other words, I want the viewer to explore my scene, click an object, sail into a targeted point of view, and watch an image gently fade in.

I am weak on both javascript and Blender's gaming features. Is anyone interested in suggesting how an alpha transparency “fade in” may be performed after completing a procedural animation in the “pear and apple” code_snippets example?
01 June 2015 11:30
Hi.

I want the viewer to explore my scene, click an object, sail into a targeted point of view, and watch an image gently fade in

Here is the example for your task. example_25.zip

01 June 2015 14:25
01 June 2015 20:48
Thank You, Roman!

I was close! I understood that Blender's NLA feature was key to the simplest method to get animated transparency. The only example I could find was here:
https://www.blend4web.com/media/uploads/0234c4e7-bc3f-44d7-9840-6ba6d0b3ecc4/alpha_NLA_test.blend
https://www.blend4web.com/media/uploads/cb508bce-8b12-4071-83bd-372207964900/alpha_NLA_test.html

This earlier example used game engine features, rather than a javascript app to drive the animation. You have just provided the first javascript example, I can see, for doing this.

I am still studying the code, but I can see that my example is there, and clear enough to understand!

I believe your "code_snippets" example, in the distribution, is very helpful in understanding how features work, and provides an excellent way to provide support and explanation on specific problems, like the one you have just answered. The "Christmas Card" helped me to get started with Blend4Web, but it took time to discover which parts of the code affected what features. The "code_snippets" offer bare bones examples of individual features with only the minimum code needed to make the example work. I look forward to seeing more examples, like this, in the future.

Please register or log in to leave a reply.