Forum

Have two objects animating independantly at the same time

19 September 2015 17:55
I'd like to click on the ball, have it start to animate, and then click on the sphere and have it start to animate while the ball is still animating.

How can I do this?

Here's the link to a blend file, where you can click on the two items and they animate independently, but not at the same time…

http://gameskinners.com/blend4web/questions/two_anims/two_anims.blend

Thanks for any help…
20 September 2015 02:28
The animation blocks in your NLA can by duplicated (Shift D) and moved around. So I duplicated the sphere animation block and moved it into the same frames as the cube animation. See attached blend.
20 September 2015 04:53
Hi Will,

The type of interaction I was looking for is more like piano keys, where you can press one ( and it animates ), and at any time you can press the other one ( either during the animation of the other object, or after ), and it starts playing immediately on the click, and doesn't have an effect on the animation of the first one - basically, both items should be clickable / animatable independently, at any time.
20 September 2015 06:14
I understand what you mean. I think we are reaching the limits of the node logic. With Javascript working on a JSON export, it would be no problem. I haven't gotten into that much at this point. I want to cover the basics before I move on to the programming side of things. I think once we establish an asset sharing site or assets store for Blend4Web we will see templates that have all the JS programming done allowing an artists to re-skin and customize.

I think what you are asking is basically multithreading with the node logic. If that can be done, I don't know about it yet.
21 September 2015 11:47
I'd like to click on the ball, have it start to animate, and then click on the sphere and have it start to animate while the ball is still animating.

How can I do this?

This will be possible with a new node we implemented for the upcoming release.
The Founder | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
21 September 2015 14:37
> This will be possible with a new node we implemented for the upcoming release

Yuri, that is great news!!! I have quite a few things I'd like to experiment with, and having access to stuff like this will make it a lot easier to try stuff out quickly ( and report any issues )

21 September 2015 15:15
I have quite a few things I'd like to experiment with, and having access to stuff like this will make it a lot easier to try stuff out quickly ( and report any issues )
You'll have a chance to test it as we are going to make a preview release this week.
The Founder | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
21 September 2015 15:21
Nice one! The more I test, the more I'm sure I can use Blend4Web for pitching some commercial projects, which will of course then lead to purchasing a commercial license!

Please register or log in to leave a reply.