Forum

Animation Issue (and some others)

16 September 2015 13:36
Hi

I'm using the Add-On and it would be awesome once I can get some things to work better than Sketchfab. In the attached project I have Torus that should roll in on itself. Bone "A" in the Armature has a bone constraint that copies the rotation of a non-deform bone "ROLL" and subsequent bones copy the previous one (B copies A, C copies B etc - all the way to X). I have checked everything that I could (checked "default animation", baked the NLA), and still the animation doesn't work. And it is slowwww on my iMac (Safari and Chrome).

I also have a bone (SpikeScaler) that is driven by an object (BUTTON) to scale the radial bones (A1-6 etc.). Button should be selectable but it doesn't highlight and I can't move it. I have checked "Force Dynamic Object". Now I admit it could be that I'm missing something on this one, like game logic nodes or something - but please point me in the right direction.

For now it would be a minor victory if the animation will play.

Thanks

R*

16 September 2015 14:24

I'm using the Add-On and it would be awesome once I can get some things to work better than Sketchfab. In the attached project I have Torus that should roll in on itself. Bone "A" in the Armature has a bone constraint that copies the rotation of a non-deform bone "ROLL" and subsequent bones copy the previous one (B copies A, C copies B etc - all the way to X). I have checked everything that I could (checked "default animation", baked the NLA), and still the animation doesn't work.
You have Apply Scale and Modifiers checkbox on your torus object, so it just bake Armature modifyer, so it can't be animated. You need to remove it

And it is slowwww on my iMac (Safari and Chrome).
You don't need to set apply default animation when you use NLA, also you need to remove simple (not NLA strip) animation from bones system, because the engine try to play both and it freeze all.

I also have a bone (SpikeScaler) that is driven by an object (BUTTON) to scale the radial bones (A1-6 etc.). Button should be selectable but it doesn't highlight and I can't move it. I have checked "Force Dynamic Object". Now I admit it could be that I'm missing something on this one, like game logic nodes or something - but please point me in the right direction.
Blender game logic not supported, instead of it you need to use Blend4Web Logic Editor. You can read about it here.
Blend4web and that kind of thing.
16 September 2015 15:32
Hi Mikhail

Thank you for the fast response. The answers were helpful, but the animation is still very slow - about 1 frame every 2 seconds . It will take me some time to navigate through all the boxes that should be checked and unchecked on various panels - I'm hoping that it becomes more streamlined with time, because it is actually a very cool tool you guys have built here. Another issue at the moment is that it pauses for a long time on 97% when loading.

I checked off ambient occlusion and motion blur to try and speed things up. In Chrome I then got a white background with fuzzy blue outlines where the mesh should be. I clicked AO back on and then Safari gave me what you see in the attached image . Any idea why this could be happening?

But hey - we are almost at a minor victory . What else can I do to speed up the animation, besides decimating the poly-count?

I am attaching the updated project file as well, in case you would like to take a look. I'll deal with the logic nodes a little later.

Thanks again for the assistance

Robin
16 September 2015 16:37

The answers were helpful, but the animation is still very slow - about 1 frame every 2 seconds .
Try to unlink animation from armature, I see in your blend file it's steel on armature.

I am attaching the updated project file as well, in case you would like to take a look. I'll deal with the logic nodes a little later.
We'll try to figure out where the problem, thanx.
16 September 2015 16:45
Thanks again Mikhail - I thought I clicked off but maybe not :)
16 September 2015 17:56

Thanks again Mikhail - I thought I clicked off but maybe not :)
You also may have a problem because of amount of bones in armature, the limit of bone in one armature is 50 bones.
16 September 2015 20:43
Alright. Good to know. I need all of them to get the shape, but maybe I can use shape keys on the mesh instead. Anyhow, let me keep experimenting. The material on the last export was good in Chrome but still bad in Safari by the way. Thanks again for your advice!
22 September 2015 13:00
Hi Mikhail

Me again :) I am now at the stage where the Node-based Logic Editor makes no logical sense to me :) I am attaching the blend file and the exported html. What I wish to see is that the torus rolls automatically, then when selected it plays the spike animation and when selected again it plays the dimple animation. Currently the torus comes up static, then plays the roll when selected and then nothing after that.

The page you sent the last time doesn't help to explain anything, really - it really needs more detailed explanation of the function of the nodes and examples of what the node does (visually or actively - the words don't mean a thing).

Finally, I have checked outlining, but I don't particularly want the object to remain outlined - how do I set it up so that the outline comes up and then goes away?

One last thing - I have seen some scripting solutions to make objects auto-rotate, but there doesn't seem to be anything in the add-on version. Is this correct or is there some checkbox somewhere? (I am not able to get the SDK to run properly so I have stuck with the add-on, which is also enough for what I want to do right now)

Thanks in advance for your help

Robin

23 September 2015 10:27
Sorry, for now your task can't be made using only Logic Editor, we find one ugly bug in it. So, you will need to wait a few days of new Blend4Web release, which will include a fix and a new simple features that allow you to implement all your tasks. Thanks.
23 September 2015 10:35
Thanks Mikhail

I was starting to wonder what was going on. I played around a bit last night, using different methods, and nothing made sense. Anyhow, glad it is getting addressed and looking forward to the update

Please register or log in to leave a reply.