Forum

French User Manual / Manuel Utilisateur Français

05 October 2015 12:58
Ok thanks

Du coup JD tu as une adresse pour te contacter ?
05 October 2015 14:53
Keep going! We glad to have so much people interested in our engine in France.
Blend4web and that kind of thing.
06 October 2015 18:31
JD
@_Yadoob_: Tu peux me contacter via email: djordhan@hotmail.com

Je te ferai part de la façon que je crois être la meilleure pour collaborer et en discutera :)
07 October 2015 03:06
JD
I'll try to do some progress this weekend here we have Thanksgiving in Quebec so it's a 3 days weekend.

After translating the "about" page I can give an estimate based on file size (exluding the release notes).

It will take approximately 1 month if I translate 1 page a day. This said, if _Yadoob_ helps and we consider that we won't do 1 page a day, it might take a bit longer.

One problem: The most time consuming task is to make sure the line isn't longer than 76 character and correct the sentences to respect that constraint, which is probably done automatically when editing po files with an official editor. Editing the files like text files isn't the best solution and I'm open to any suggestion to make things faster.

@_Yadoob_: I suggest each of us choose a set of files (we'll discuss this in emails) and have them reviewed by each other before submitting. I have a Canadian french syntax and I assume you have a France one ;) So it will be good to make sure both it is clear for both dialect.

I also assume that people won't use french version of Blender so I'll keep any technical term in English.

For the Release Notes, we'll wait until the manual is completely covered and maintained before jumping into the translation of the release notes.
07 October 2015 10:26
One problem: The most time consuming task is to make sure the line isn't longer than 76 character and correct the sentences to respect that constraint, which is probably done automatically when editing po files with an official editor. Editing the files like text files isn't the best solution and I'm open to any suggestion to make things faster.
Actually, there are no such strict rules on making lines not longer than 76 characters. It is just a build script which trimmed all the text. Sorry that I didn't pay attention to it in the email.

Maybe, you can send us some tittle translated part so that we can try building it and check if it all goes without errors?
07 October 2015 16:55
JD
Now I feel stupid

I'll send you a page a soon as possible for verification.
24 November 2015 11:36
Salut,

Si besoin, je peux filer un coup de main également pour la traduction, à moins que ce ne soit terminé?

Hi,
I can contribute to translation if needed
09 December 2015 00:51
Et moi et moi je peux aider aussi?
Je veux bien mettre la main à la pâte/patte ?

Please register or log in to leave a reply.