Forum

Pointclouds City interactiv ballad

10 October 2015 16:12

Hello Everyone!

I'm working on a 3D interactiv ballad in a fantomatic city made of pointclouds.
I wanna keep as much as possible the original appeareance of pointclouds.
I've imported my pointclounds in .obj in blender, than, in order to be able to render them, I was assigning them a wire texture. It worked well so far but than I discovered you can't render wire on blend4web.

I am now using the Halo Texture to be able to visualise each vertex as a little white dot (so it looks like the original evanescent pointcloud) which works well in blenderrender but nothing is displayed when I run the html exported file in my browser.

Is there something I might have skipped? Or any other way to trick blend4web in rendering vertices ?

I've been searching for solutions for days and the best I could find is extruding the vertices on every axes until I get a little cube for each vertices which makes it incredibly heavy to load and less evanescent when you zoom in…

Thank you so much for your help!
10 October 2015 18:27
Hi LuneBrain and welcome to the Blend4Web forums!
I am now using the Halo Texture to be able to visualise each vertex as a little white dot (so it looks like the original evanescent pointcloud) which works well in blenderrender but nothing is displayed when I run the html exported file in my browser.
Please take a look at my Halo material setup:
halo.blend
halo.html
See also here for supported halo settings.
The Founder | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
12 October 2015 10:47
There is one more thing (it will be fixed in the next release) - there's a limit to the amount of vertices in one mesh - maximum number is about 16000 or so.
12 October 2015 16:54
Ответ на сообщение пользователя Yuri Kovelenov
Please take a look at my Halo material setup:
halo.blend
halo.html
See also here for supported halo settings.

So I've taken a look at your material setup - thank yo so much by the way, and I've imported one of my buildings in your scene and applied the same material as yours and it works in blender render but not in html view.

But than I saw this post :
There is one more thing (it will be fixed in the next release) - there's a limit to the amount of vertices in one mesh - maximum number is about 16000 or so.

And indeed my buildings are usually around 42000 vertices!
So… I guess i'll just have to use my "little cubes" technique, or wait for the next release, when will that happen?
12 October 2015 19:12
Our next release will be at the end of October, and release candidates will be avaliable approx. in 10 days

You can try to cut your buildings into several parts, but before doing that, activate "Force Dynamic Object" in Rendering Properties panel under Materials tab. Also if you're using modifiers, be sure to activate "Apply modifiers", too:

But I recommend to wait a little til release candidate because it will be too much work for nothing: soon the fix will be avaliable

Anyway, I made a quick example of all the things working:

halo.blend
halo.html
13 October 2015 20:57
Ok, I think i'll do a small version by cutting the buildings and wait a bit for the fixed version to do it on a bigger scale, thank you so much! Can't wait!
14 October 2015 10:00
You're welcome

Good luck!
04 November 2015 00:37
Hey!

Any update on the release date?
04 November 2015 07:59
Hi,
Any update on the release date?
The update we were talking about was shipped just a few days ago. Please let us know whether it works for you.
The Founder | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
24 November 2015 20:31
Hi everyone,

So I'm getting a bit desperate here as I've installed the new blend4web version and used the halo exemples you gave me. I made some tests and indeed it works in my scene with a sphere or so, but when I apply the material on one of my buildings it will show them in the render but not in the html.
I've tried reducing the number of vertices to check if this could still be the problem after all and it's doesn't work either…
Could someone check if the objects in themselves present a problem of something?

The buildings that you can see in my scene and in the html right now are the one that I have extruded the vertices into cubes which is a pretty bad solution but the one that was working so far.

Here's the link to my file

Can't thank you enough for helping me out

Please register or log in to leave a reply.