Forum

Eye camera controls

19 November 2014 04:26
Two questions regarding "Eye" style camera controls:

First one is: What is the trick to controlling eye camera movement with WASD if one embeds the html file in an iframe?
From my admittedly very limited HTML coding skills I have been unsuccessful in navigating if the html if it's embdedded in an iFrame (works fine otherwise), pressing WASD doesn't seem to pass down the keystrokes from the main page to the viewer HTML file. I read somewhere that this is a browser security feature to stop malicious websites from spying on your key presses(?)

Second question is: Are eye camera movement controls with WASD supported in mobile browsers? I tried it on Firefox mobile on my Android phone, and obviously there is no keyboard present to press WASD on hehe, so is there any other way I missed to control camera position, or if not, are you planning on adding any new gestures to controll this?
19 November 2014 10:51
Hi,

You are right about the security issues but anyway you can control a camera with a keyboard. You need to click on the control element (a gear) inside the canvas. Then you can move with WASD. Some kind of hack but it works

Eye camera movement is not supported for mobile devices yet. Probably we'll add this functionality later. It'll work similar to the controls described in this tutorial.

Later this month we will add a new camera control type "Hover" and an optional "panning" control to the "Target" camera. These ones will be much more comfortable for mobile devices.
19 November 2014 21:17
The hacks works perfectly. Nice, just a matter of leaving some instructions on the page.

Nice to know eye camera control is being improved upon those controls will come in handy, but that optional panning is really gonna be great!
Thanks for the swift answers, looking forward to the new version
21 November 2014 01:25
Ответ на сообщение пользователя Evgeny Rodygin
Hi,

You are right about the security issues but anyway you can control a camera with a keyboard. You need to click on the control element (a gear) inside the canvas. Then you can move with WASD. Some kind of hack but it works

Eye camera movement is not supported for mobile devices yet. Probably we'll add this functionality later. It'll work similar to the controls described in this tutorial.

Later this month we will add a new camera control type "Hover" and an optional "panning" control to the "Target" camera. These ones will be much more comfortable for mobile devices.

One of the most basic and must have features is the panning control that works well with PC and mobile devices.

I am looking forward for this feature!!!
29 November 2014 02:02
and it is working great, the panning

Please register or log in to leave a reply.