Forum

Internet Explorer 11 and B4W for a project

29 October 2015 15:09
Hello,

A client want we do a B4W project but a condition is it can work under IE 11. I am a little surprised but the workers who will use the project have sometimes no right to install something on the computer.

I read the documentation and it is said that IE 11 support is experimental. I read the forums a little bit and found that for instance there is not webaudio under IE 11. But the posts were 1 year old.

Nowadays, how is the support of B4W under IE 11 ? Is it a little better ? Are there some limitations that will remain forever ?

29 October 2015 15:52
Hello,

IE11 doesn't support Web Audio API and most likely will not. Also IE doesn't support WebGL depth texture extension. Therefore, we disabled shadows on it.

Actually, Microsoft will abandon IE support in the nearest future and will concentrate on Edge browser development, which already has a slightly better WebGL support then IE.

But anyway Blend4Web is stable enough on IE if we won't take sound into account.
31 October 2015 09:07
I just happen to use IE all the time because of underdog status, and can confirm the awesome new piano for 15.10 demo does not play audio in IE. Here is my audio experiment with B4W from a while back featuring the Glube from "The Music of Junk" (called "Junk the Musical" originally)

See the Glube played live November 18-322nd in Vancouver!
C'mon you know you wanna!
http://www.themusicofjunk.com
31 October 2015 23:50
OK, thanks for the answers. BTW, is there anything that would prevent the use of normal HTML5 audio features at the same time than the B4W JS engine ? We won't have to do much on the audio side. Just play some alarm signals without positioning. I hope it wouldn't lead to a stuttering sound. But basically it's just playing a .wav or a mp3.

02 November 2015 10:30
Hi,
BTW, is there anything that would prevent the use of normal HTML5 audio features at the same time than the B4W JS engine ?
You can surely use plain HTML5 audio.
See http://www.javascriptkit.com/script/script2/soundlink.shtml
The Founder | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin

Please register or log in to leave a reply.