Forum

Textures don't "repeat"

04 November 2015 12:01
Hi,

I have a model with UVs stretching outside the UV box. I applied a material with a texture to it. However even though Image Mapping > Extension mode is set to Repeat, when I export to webGL and give it a go the extension acts as Extend mode.
Am I doing something wrong or is it that blend4web simply doesn't allow UVs to leave the UV box?
04 November 2015 12:51
Hi,
I have a model with UVs stretching outside the UV box. I applied a material with a texture to it. However even though Image Mapping > Extension mode is set to Repeat, when I export to webGL and give it a go the extension acts as Extend mode.
Am I doing something wrong or is it that blend4web simply doesn't allow UVs to leave the UV box?
Perhaps you are using non-power-of-two textures. This problem was fixed in the 15.10 release.
The Founder | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
05 November 2015 03:36
Ah, yes that was it! Thank you!

Oh a new version already! By the way what is the procedure for updating to a new version? Do I just overwrite the folder with the current version?
05 November 2015 11:03
We have new release every month :)

If you didn't change anything in SDK, it's better to delete everything and write new version over it. Well, you can just overwrite everything without deleting, but there's a chance that there'll be some unneeded files.

And if you're using only the addon, you need to update it - you can read about it here

P.S.
We have a new feature - project manager, it's easier to upgrade your projects with it.
05 November 2015 11:56
Thanks for the info.

I am still a bit worried about my current project. Basically I have one important project in app_dev.
What would be the steps to update the SDK and then the project?
Would it work to:
  • copy the project folder
  • update the sdk
  • copy the folder back to app_dev ?
  • or
  • Import my project somehow ?

• I am not quite sure about the last step…
    05 November 2015 15:19
    Hi,

Before version 15.10 you could upgrade your SDK as follows:
    1. Backup your project files
    2. Delete/move/rename the old SDK root directory
    3. Unpack the new SDK from the downloaded archive
    4. Copy your project files back

Since version 15.10 upgrading is easier: you can use export/import features of the Project Manager to backup and restore all project files, including blend files, textures, scripts, HTML/CSS.
    The Founder | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
    09 November 2015 07:18
    Worked great, thanks!

Please register or log in to leave a reply.