Forum

How to animate point light energy?

21 November 2015 21:23
Hi! ; )

I would like to animate point light via nodes. It will be nice if it would be definied by Bezier's Curve, but even just "ON/OFF" effect will make me satisfied. How to achive this?

I even tried "Show object" node, and disable render and showing in viewport options in Outliner, but the point light still effects the scene, before "show object" node is executed.

23 November 2015 09:48
Hello.

The "Show object" and "Hide object" functions work with lamp objects from 15.11 version (you can download 15.11 Developer Preview for now, the stable version will be available in the end of this month).
23 November 2015 10:41

I would like to animate point light via nodes. It will be nice if it would be definied by Bezier's Curve, but even just "ON/OFF" effect will make me satisfied. How to achive this?
Hi, you can animate the "Energy" parameter and use "Play Animation" node in the Logic Editor. The corresponding action can be tuned up via Bezier's Curve or any other way.

I attached the example.
23 November 2015 10:48
@Ivan Lyubovnikov

No I can't ;D

I want the lamps with lights on my scene to work independently. Just like my window blinds and TV (you animate it by clicking green cubes nearby, check this out).

Please see my example ; )

Any better Ideas?
I'm using 15.11 version, but it still doesn't work. Maybe I set something wrong? But I don't think so ; (

Please, help!
Best wishes mates ; )
Waiting for your response

23 November 2015 11:56
I've added a couple of point lamps into the scene. Every one is animated independently by clicking on a ceiling lamp (blue and green rooms).
23 November 2015 12:15
Wow ;D Thank you very much guys! ; )

Please register or log in to leave a reply.