Forum

Three.js relevance

08 December 2015 00:48
Hy just a quick question about something i couldn't figure out.
Is it possible to use Tree.Js or should one only use Blend4web. If it's stupid but OK i can understand. I wanted to know if the libraries are compatible or not. Maybe Blend4web is easier to use? I just have no idea.
I guess i must start to read documentation now.

08 December 2015 10:17

Hy just a quick question about something i couldn't figure out.
Is it possible to use Tree.Js or should one only use Blend4web. If it's stupid but OK i can understand. I wanted to know if the libraries are compatible or not. Maybe Blend4web is easier to use? I just have no idea.
I guess i must start to read documentation now
If you an artist Blend4Web much more easier to use, but libraries not compalible with three.js, its a different engines.
Blend4web and that kind of thing.
08 December 2015 10:48
OK Thanks.
So when you export the seen with blend4Web it's also rendered with Blend4web therefor you can't use another engine on top. Right?
I want to learn a more about WebGl. Most of the books i have seen are using Three.js. I guess it makes it easier to explain WebGl than really coding pure WebGl.

As long as i know what is possible with Blend4Web.
08 December 2015 14:14

So when you export the seen with blend4Web it's also rendered with Blend4web therefor you can't use another engine on top. Right?
Blend4Web it's not just an exporter to WebGL from Blender. It's a full WebGL-based engine with it's own structure and possibilities, so Blend4Web it's an engine like Three.js so the scenes created for theese engine are not compatible.

Most of the books i have seen are using Three.js. I guess it makes it easier to explain WebGl than really coding pure WebGl.
We have a plans to prepear much more educational material in near future, also books and cources, at first offcource they will be published in Russian, but may be in some days it will be awaylable in English.
Blend4web and that kind of thing.
08 December 2015 16:44
Ok. Thank you very much.
I will have to ask a lot of questions on the forum then !
I hope i can understand the engine fast then!
12 December 2015 16:16

If you an artist Blend4Web much more easier to use, but libraries not compalible with three.js, its a different engines.

This is why I am so excited for Blend4Web! It seems artist-friendly, powerful, and familiar because I already know Blender. I still have a lot of studying to do before reaching proficiency in B4W, but I am optimistic.

Please register or log in to leave a reply.