Forum

add action to an object

21 December 2015 12:26
hello guys ! sorry for this post but haven't found nothing about that in web or maybe i'm just a newbie

i've done a little Earth model in blender for an App writed in java
that's my idea : i need an item over this earth, like a cone or a simple circle (like a position cursor up Italy, France and other zone) to use for action_button (open web page or use it for action method)
it's possible do that simply ?
i'v downloaded the package blend4web and addon, added it to the program ..
anyone can give me some advice?
really thanks
i'll attach a screen from my blender
21 December 2015 17:19
Hello and welcome!

Look - did I understand you correctly?

page_redirect.html

Click on cyan cone = go to blend4web.com
Click on orange cone = go to blender.org

Hope it helps :)

page_redirect.blend
21 December 2015 17:37
you are my hero !
really thanks..
so i must work with node, just creating item and adding to them action from node ..that's amazing.. really thanks again
21 December 2015 17:55
You're welcome :)

Yeah, it's our logic nodes, there's a lot of them, actually :) You can do a lot of stuff with them without coding.

Here's documentation entry and handy tutorial
21 December 2015 18:04
there's any problem if i use the file exported with blend4web on an app ?
at the end it's always an html page, right?
21 December 2015 18:51
I'm afraid I don't fully understand you. Can you please specify little more your question?
21 December 2015 19:03
ops, sorry for my bad english..
i mean :
i've completed my Earth with node and redirect, now, i can use this file .html in my app project without problem ? or i need some kind of license ?
21 December 2015 19:19
You can read here about licensing
21 December 2015 20:01
as i understand, if i don't change nothing about viewer and other won't be a problem, the app will just open a browser windows with this file html created, without modify viewer or any other resource
22 December 2015 10:38
Hi Giordano,
as i understand, if i don't change nothing about viewer and other won't be a problem, the app will just open a browser windows with this file html created, without modify viewer or any other resource
You can use Blend4Web free of charge but you must fulfil the terms of General Public License (GPL).

Based on common practice, there are 4 ways to use Blend4Web under GPL:

1. Stock Web Player + JSON scene - you are not required to open source anything
2. Modified Web Player + JSON scene - you are required to open source the modified Web Player
3. Original or modified Web Player used in exported standalone HTML files - you are required to reveal all your source files including Blender files
4. Web application - you are required to reveal the source code of your app and source Blender files

Besides revealing source files to the public, GPL requires crediting Blend4Web somewhere in your app/website.

Hope this helps!
The Founder | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin

Please register or log in to leave a reply.