Forum

Multiple actions overlapped on armature?

02 January 2016 12:00
Hello (and Happy New Year)!

I was trying to figure out how to apply two animations to the same armature. Basically I'm looking to play a full body animation on a character (like run or idle), but overlay another animation (like punch or point) on it when appropriate. The second animation only has the upper body bones keyed (spine and up). How is that done with B4W? I've looked through the forums and can't find anything, so forgive me if I missed it.

Thanks!
04 January 2016 00:09
Hello, Happy New Year too!

Currently this can be achieved by splitting armature in two and parenting one to another. So it'll be two different armatures with two different animations.
04 January 2016 03:35
Thanks for the reply!

I broke the armature into two pieces (upper and lower) and made the upper the parent of the lower. The mesh (which is a child of the upper armature) has two armature modifiers on it. This works fine in Blender (playing separate actions on each armature deforms the mesh properly), but the lower armature doesn't move the legs of the mesh when an animation is applied/played inside b4w. The upper armature works as expected. Is there something I'm missing? Can a mesh only have one armature modifier?

05 January 2016 12:13
Hi,
Yes, you are right, currently the engine supports only one armature modifier per mesh. That means that you should split the mesh too.
06 January 2016 02:53
Umm, okay. That sounds a lot like just having two objects :P

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll figure something out!
17 June 2016 12:17

Yes, you are right, currently the engine supports only one armature modifier per mesh. That means that you should split the mesh too.
Does that mean i can only have one animation by armature?

EDIT : Obviously not. But i had difficulty baking every actions correctly between Two armatures and different channels. One should really be careful and meticulous when baking each action.

Please register or log in to leave a reply.