Forum

Is my set up too complex, that it is so laggy?

06 January 2016 15:53
I know that my set up of nodes isn't the simpliest, but!
I have weird lags while setting up these nodes (yes, it is going to be more complex)

I have 5 seconds lags while editing nodes in node editor:
Cutting Connections (CTRL + Left Mouse Button)
Making Connections (F, or just connecting nodes' dots)
Copying Nodes (SHIFT + D)
Moving nodes (G)

Can someone please check this out? Generated HTML runs at 60 fps, so why the node editor in Blender is so laggy (the scene in 3d viewport in Blender also works fine)?

Please Help!
08 January 2016 13:57
I have a problem with your widgets thingy's in the HTML file . My screen is 4/3 and half of the widgets or out of the window. It is to 16/9 dependent i think.

I'll take a look at the blend now!
08 January 2016 14:09

I know that my set up of nodes isn't the simpliest, but!
I have weird lags while setting up these nodes (yes, it is going to be more complex)

I have 5 seconds lags while editing nodes in node editor:
Cutting Connections (CTRL + Left Mouse Button)
Making Connections (F, or just connecting nodes' dots)
Copying Nodes (SHIFT + D)
Moving nodes (G)

Can someone please check this out? Generated HTML runs at 60 fps, so why the node editor in Blender is so laggy (the scene in 3d viewport in Blender also works fine)?

Please Help!

Thanks for the report!
I can confirm lags. We will handle this.
Alexander (Blend4Web Team)
twitter
08 January 2016 15:47
Well… It is a huge node setup. I have also the 5 second lag. Sometimes worth.

Maybe you could use the switch select to limit the number of entry points in the seen. I guess that could help as select is noted deprecated.

Are you using 15/12?

I really wish they was a way of building something like functions so that you could just have the setup once and then add node with different field as arguments.
08 January 2016 16:20

Well… It is a huge node setup. I have also the 5 second lag. Sometimes worth.

Actually, here is a performance issue and it could be fixed.

Alexander (Blend4Web Team)
twitter
08 January 2016 19:40

I really wish they was a way of building something like functions so that you could just have the setup once and then add node with different field as arguments.

Yeah, I'd love to see that!
To define something like function with parameters, and then just "do the function" several times with different parameters <333

But it's f*** good anyway, let's be honest ; )

BTW. The node set up will be more less 3 times bigger, becouse of every "step" into tree of decisions (different buttons will show up with animation).

Yeah, I'm using 15.12

——————————

And to you Blend4Web Team:
the app that I'm doing is going to be described in a book about BCI (brain-computer interfaces), and in the future maybe someone will connect our BCI devices (I'm student from University of Technology in Opole, Poland) to the app, so if someone will think about turning lights on, the lights in the scene will turn on ; )

If you want to know more, or cooperate or something just email me ; )
08 January 2016 22:44
I was also working for the Christmas contest and although my node setup is also a bit complex I am also experiencing some severe lag even copy pasting values in fields.
Glad to see this can be improved.
09 January 2016 03:29
I also wanted to take part in the Christmas content, but I gave up after I saw problems with my current project ;D
10 January 2016 17:52
I know exactly how you feel… I think i'll give a last try on JS but… I'm not sure i can get it working that way.
13 January 2016 12:41
@ Łukasz Debita
Hi and thanks for the report, we'll look into this issue asap.
Great to hear that Blend4Web will be used in your BCI work. We and our community would appreciate any updates on this topic.
The Founder | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin

Please register or log in to leave a reply.