Forum

collision detection[solved]

08 January 2016 01:15
Hello everyone!
Happy new year!

I am building a mini game inspired by infinity run game. I cant figure out if i can detect collision between my character and object's in his way via nodes.

I fear i have to mess with javascript… I will read the code of the cartoon room first!
08 January 2016 13:55
Hello!

Currently it's not possible to do collision detection using logic nodes, so it's possible you have to do it using JavaScript. And yes cartoon interior is a nice introduction tutorial.
08 January 2016 15:51
Is it possible to trigger a node tree with javascript?
08 January 2016 20:26
Is it possible to trigger a node tree with javascript?
Nope, js/nodes mix is not supported. Our motivation behind this is that if somebody is prepared to code then he/she would better use pure javascript: app architecture will be more clear.
The Founder | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
08 January 2016 23:56
I totally understand. It was more of a way to try to avoid going full JS. It looks like I will have to act like a big boy now.
Nevertheless I really think that you could, with a few extra new nodes, be as powerful as the BGE. Specially with the all node 2.8 promises… Did you ever think of that as a opportunity? Interactive web is like the future. By future I mean Tomorrow not next year

EDIT :
I have controls for my character in a node-tree. Can I detect collision trigger a animation in JS while keeping controls in node?
09 January 2016 19:18
Nevertheless I really think that you could, with a few extra new nodes, be as powerful as the BGE. Specially with the all node 2.8 promises… Did you ever think of that as a opportunity?
We would definitely improve logic editor. Actually, that's what we were discussing with Ton Roosendaal. Users have to be able to prepare everything in Blender and just export it to b4w without any additional coding. But anyway, serious projects should be written with JS because of performance matters and flexibility which can't be achieved with node logic.

I have controls for my character in a node-tree. Can I detect collision trigger a animation in JS while keeping controls in node?
Yes, this should work.
10 January 2016 00:03
Thank you!
Can't wait to see new nodes.

So if i understand well : one could mix Nodes and JS like we use sensor and actuators and Python in BGE? That would really rock!
10 January 2016 01:21
So if i understand well : one could mix Nodes and JS like we use sensor and actuators and Python in BGE? That would really rock!
Yes. Though, such setups haven't been really well tested and some potential bugs may occur. But I hope, they will (if they will) take place in very rare cases.
11 January 2016 11:49
But I hope, they will (if they will) take place in very rare cases.
Don't worry! I'll find out wherever they hide!

Sounds awesome already !

29 April 2016 15:13
Reply to post of user Yuri Kovelenov
Nope, js/nodes mix is not supported. Our motivation behind this is that if somebody is prepared to code then he/she would better use pure javascript: app architecture will be more clear.
We kinda changed our minds This is now possible! (as of 16.04).
The Founder | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin

Please register or log in to leave a reply.