Forum

.js not detected

14 January 2016 01:47
Hello everybody.
I am trying to understand the manifold structure. I created a simple project. I created the starter files with the project manager. I edited the JS file but nothing seem to happen. Even if i break it on purpose nothing happens in the console of the web browser…
Any ideas?

An Zip of the project is attach to this post.
14 January 2016 02:00
I created a new project. The code works. It's something to do with expoting Json i think?!!

If i want to find information or education material for javascript programming with Blend4Web what should i bee looking for?
I already found a couple of video on higher order function. That helped to understand manifold and how all that fits together. Is their a keyword or something that could help me?

Also i have to get a little familiar with the IPA. I haven't done much more than launch a couple of functions to change DOM elements in a web page… Nothing like building a webgl app !
14 January 2016 12:34
Ответ на сообщение пользователя LukeVideo
Hello everybody.
I am trying to understand the manifold structure. I created a simple project. I created the starter files with the project manager. I edited the JS file but nothing seem to happen. Even if i break it on purpose nothing happens in the console of the web browser…
Any ideas?

An Zip of the project is attach to this post.
Hello!
I suppose, you have reexported colision.html file with Export->Blend4Web(.html). This type of export can't work with js scripts. It packs everything into one file. Only JSON can be used here.
I created a new project. The code works. It's something to do with expoting Json i think?!!

If i want to find information or education material for javascript programming with Blend4Web what should i bee looking for?
I already found a couple of video on higher order function. That helped to understand manifold and how all that fits together. Is their a keyword or something that could help me?

Also i have to get a little familiar with the IPA. I haven't done much more than launch a couple of functions to change DOM elements in a web page… Nothing like building a webgl app !
You can check our tutorials here. I switched to programming tutorials under this link.
Manifolds&sensors are core conceptions of b4w programming, so you are on the right way

Btw, we realize that we don't have enough material for novices, so we've started working on a series of such tutorials. We'll try to make them as clear as possible.
14 January 2016 13:43
Ok!
I am going through the tutorials but with no functional programming skills i am like WHAT? How does that make any sense. I understand each little function but the way they build up together in manifold was quit obscure. I managed to make a collision detection after the example in the documentation here so i guess it's not that complicated after all. Even though it did take me some time to figure it out..

One thing i know about blender users is that some like me can start using it with no programming skills and start from zero. I hardly knew what a variable was before trying to use the Game Engine. But blender is awesome and we always manage to get things done!

Please register or log in to leave a reply.