Forum

mouse_over events?

08 December 2014 04:35
Hello I'm fairly new to using the Blend4web addon, and I've been exploring the NLA editor to see what it's capable of regarding interactivity. I understand that mouse_down events work with selectable objects. But is there any solution for mouse hover over (mouse_over) within the NLA editor? Or is this just better solved with a bit of code?

I've been making some interactive content using three.js, but as a long time 3d software user I would love to have more control from blender directly.

Three.js mouse_over event example
http://mrdoob.github.io/three.js/examples/webgl_interactive_cubes.html

Example using Blender Logic Editor
http://youtu.be/AK0AsqrPzxQ?t=9m50s

Thanks in advanced!
08 December 2014 11:07
Hi and welcome to the forum!

For now NLA-editor doesn't support mouse_over events but it is a good feature and we'll probably include it in our TODO-list.
But if you have several hundred of objects in your scene (like in demo above) you'll have to attach such an event to every of them. So it'll be pretty difficult to control all these events.

In such a case I'd recommend to use a bit of scripting. You can write a simple manifold which will run callback every frame and call scenes.pick_object function to determine which object is selected.
08 January 2015 03:24
I noticed the december update added enable_mouse_hover_glow under the mouse module. I know you guys did that juuuust for me :). But seriously thanks!

Anyway, Is there currently a way to have more control of the hover glow? say like glow color just like in the scene module?

Thanks again!
08 January 2015 09:18
Hi,

I noticed the december update added enable_mouse_hover_glow under the mouse module. I know you guys did that juuuust for me :). But seriously thanks!
Thank you for your feedback which helped us to improve the engine.

Anyway, Is there currently a way to have more control of the hover glow? say like glow color just like in the scene module?
For glow parameters please refer to this manual section.
The Founder | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
08 January 2015 09:21
See also our xmas greet card sources in the free SDK.
The Founder | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin

Please register or log in to leave a reply.