Forum

Transform object node

29 January 2016 18:45
I want to rotate an object using logic nodes instead of the animation timeline, however, I can't find the "Transform Object" logic node as described in the Blend4Web manual (https://www.blend4web.com/doc/en/logic_editor.html#transform-object)

Where is the Transform Object node?
29 January 2016 18:59
Hi and welcome!

This node is available in the newest 16.01 release.
The Founder | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
29 January 2016 21:21
Thanks for the quick reply! I've updated the SDK successfully.

Another question:

I want the object to rotate endlessly. Is there a way to do that with the logic node editor?

Currently I'm trying to increment a variable and feed that back into the "rotate" coordinates. Being a total newbie, I have no idea if this is correct!

29 January 2016 21:48
You can add a Delay node with a small value to update the rotation incrementally.
29 January 2016 22:02
That's helpful to control the speed of variable update … but how do I get the code to loop? Right now, this only plays once.
30 January 2016 04:10
Nevermind! I used a "print to console" node and saw that the function is in fact looping, I just don't have the variable set up correctly to increase incrementally, so the rotation only happens once. I'll keep tinkering with it I guess!
30 January 2016 09:23
Glad it worked for you!
01 February 2016 22:30
Hy i had a look at it this afternoon and i came to the conclusion that in world space you go somewhere in the world space. So unless you move again to another place going to the same space again won't involve any movement. But in local space the object is always a it's own origin so x=1 is always 1 unit further. So to move every time you shoud use the local space. Not sure about parent though i didn't look yet.
hope this helps.
02 February 2016 00:21

Hy i had a look at it this afternoon and i came to the conclusion that in world space you go somewhere in the world space. So unless you move again to another place going to the same space again won't involve any movement. But in local space the object is always a it's own origin so x=1 is always 1 unit further. So to move every time you shoud use the local space.
You are absolutely right!

Not sure about parent though i didn't look yet
In Parent Space parent's location, rotation, scale are set as origin.
So for example if parent is static the only difference between World Space and Parent Space is initial offset.
Blend4Web Team - developer
Twitter
LinkedIn
02 February 2016 11:12
Ok!
So in most cases one might want to use emptys and parenting. That way by rotating parent you can apply a arch rotation to a object.
This sound lot's of fun !

Please register or log in to leave a reply.