Forum

Tutorial: Making Sunglasses

21 November 2014 22:35
In this sunglasses tutorial I'll show you how photo-realistic materials and environment can be created.
Manager and 3D Generalist at Blend4Web
No pain, no gain.
mikhail@blend4web.com
24 November 2014 01:22

Wow, thanks, Mikhail! A *very complete tutorial, including your texture and map optimizations!
You are contributing to my Blender education as well as for #B4W.
Please do more tuts –as time permits!

Surely "tuts" are other-than any developer's favorite page to produce– and tutorials take considerable effort and time to do well.
A few notes:
•The animated .gifs are great to view changes in sequence and directly compare steps. Maybe a blank 0.2sec frame inserted at the end would tell the viewer that "the loop is beginning again?" Just a thought.
• Possibly add a link to a sequential frames page? That would aid my viewing on mobiles, which is where I often read new info.
• a circle-over (or arrow toward) each teaching point may help new users learn the blender UI as well.
• Your beautiful model seems high in polys– is further economy possible? Only if your procedural masks are omitted?
I learned a lot from your work. THANKS!

"Your real duty is to keep your dreams alive."
–Amadeo Modigliani (Artist, 1884-1920)
24 November 2014 15:57
CraigL, Thanks a lot for review!
"blank frame" - is a really usefull thing. I've noticed that something was wrong but haven't thought of inserting "blank frame".
"link to a sequential frames page" - Do you mean a link to the gallery of gif animation frames?
"circle-over" - Yes, I thought about it but decided to dispense such a marks. Probably this was wrong decision.
"high in polys" - As I've written at the begining of the lesson polygon count was choosen according to the scene parameters: Close-up (Hight detalization is needed), a single object on the scene (High detalization is appreciated). As of resources economy - It's always possible to make more economically. It depends on what do you want to achieve. In this case using a normalmap with a lighter geometry is not the best choice because there are lots of protruding parts. There are almost any detail silhouette can be seen on this object, and it is not very good when a silhouette is angular. And I don't think that 8520 triangles is a lot for isolated model.
No pain, no gain.
mikhail@blend4web.com
10 December 2014 10:00
I would like the animated frames to be available as large JPGs. As it is, there are a few images within this tutorial that I cannot decipher because of my poor old eyes. What I can see, I can make use of. I would like to see it all thanks!
10 December 2014 17:23
trepaning
Thanks for your feedback. We will surely add an ability to view the individual frames, but it may only be implemented in the future lessons. You should also consider looking in the scene's .blend file while studying the lesson. You can find it in the SDK
No pain, no gain.
mikhail@blend4web.com
10 December 2014 20:38
thanks, I will do that.
18 April 2015 01:36
Alas, scene file now missing, making it much harder for me to get up to speed with metallic materials:

https://github.com/TriumphLLC/Blend4Web/tree/master/external/deploy/tutorials/sunglasses
19 April 2015 10:36

Ответ на сообщение пользователя NikFromNYC
Alas, scene file now missing, making it much harder for me to get up to speed with metallic materials:

https://github.com/TriumphLLC/Blend4Web/tree/master/external/deploy/tutorials/sunglasses

Try this one:
https://github.com/TriumphLLC/Blend4Web/tree/master/deploy/tutorials/sunglasses
20 April 2015 11:26

Thanks for your feedback. I have fixed this.
No pain, no gain.
mikhail@blend4web.com
31 August 2016 07:22
Great tutorial, the finished product looks amazing.

I'm sorry I missed it, I am starting b4w today.
How do you get all the Cycles materials into blend4web?

Please register or log in to leave a reply.