Forum

Glube from Junk and audio issue

09 December 2014 18:14

Ответ на сообщение пользователя Yuri Kovelenov
Could you please post here the source files for your test case (including sounds). That would speed up the bug fixing process much. Thanks!

Here you go http://www.trepaning.com/b4w/glube-b4w-musical-01.blend
09 December 2014 19:08
Thanks we'll take a look.
The Founder | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
09 December 2014 20:02
One thing to note: I originally had the sound files cut so they started tight against the audio waveform. However, when I clicked a tube, I would get a double shot, like "bang ba". I then added a few frames a silence in front and behind the audio clips, then I got just "bang". I assume it is because when the loop resets, it plays a few frames again.\

And a request: I cannot get cycles materials to work, they always turn out pink. If someone could set up a cycles material with this blend file, either a black plastic tube with ridges, and/or wood planks, and/or the white tubing (which is supposed to be silver duct tubing), I would definitely study the file to learn.
09 December 2014 20:29
Hi again!

You should specify the correct NLA strip length for your sound (because Blender is not doing it automatically). If the strip is longer the engine will play it repeated.

As about cycles. Some cycles nodes we plan to support in Blender's viewport, some are just impossible to implement. See also the FAQ
09 December 2014 20:57
Good to know about the strip length, and it makes sense. However, having just looked at the Blend file I posted, I don't see where to set the length for a sound file or NLA strip. <edit: Just realized there is an N to show options in the NLA.>

I assumed the node layout for the watch and sunglasses were made in and exported from Cycles. I am just a little over a year using Blender, so the good bits still elude me somewhat. I do know how to bake, and did that to create textures for B4W already with all the instruments from Junk, but thought there was a way to work with Cycles that I had not figured out. Baking is easy.
09 December 2014 21:31
Good to know about the strip length, and it makes sense. However, having just looked at the Blend file I posted, I don't see where to set the length for a sound file or NLA strip.
This can be done in the NLA editor:

Please check out this tutorial for sound+NLA setup

I assumed the node layout for the watch and sunglasses were made in and exported from Cycles.
So called shader nodes resemble Cycles but they are able to work in realtime and so can be exported to Blend4Web. They are covered in detail in almost every of our tutorials for artists. Baking can also be useful - e.g. the matcap texture for gold was baked in Cycles first and then used for the material.
The Founder | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
16 December 2014 10:54
Firefox issue was fixed
16 December 2014 23:30
fixed how? Do I download a new exporter and re-export, or some other way?
17 December 2014 10:26
The feature will be available in our next release (expected next week). Also we plan to release early developer preview on Friday.
17 December 2014 10:37
In your demo you may shorten NLA strips and get more responsive behavior (the sounds in NLA are never cropped and always play the whole length)

Please register or log in to leave a reply.