Forum

Differed or Forward?

14 March 2016 19:55
Hi,

Can anyone tell me if the lighting in blen4web is Differed or Forward rendered?
Also, I'm looking to get a presentation running on an Amazon cloud server. Rather than rendering client side I want to render server side and send the result to the users browser.

Is it possible to use accelerated GPU rendering on a headless server?

Many Thanks
Danny Austin,Technical Manager
PIX Set Visions
15 March 2016 16:49

Can anyone tell me if the lighting in blen4web is Differed or Forward rendered?
Lighting in blend4web is Forward Rendered. It gives opportunity to use the full Blender power for example in creating really complex materials

Rather than rendering client side I want to render server side and send the result to the users browser.

Is it possible to use accelerated GPU rendering on a headless server?
Our product is fully client side aimed. We plan to add options for some server side pre calculations (physics etc) but main rendering will be still on the client.
So as far as i can see server side GPU rendered blend4web application is possible in theory but it will be rather tricky and complex project to implement.
Blend4Web Team - developer
Twitter
LinkedIn
15 March 2016 17:17
Hi Konstantin,

Thanks for your reply. My questions are motivated by a requirement to deliver potentially very complex scenes to a wide range of hardware… including some low spec laptops and mobile devices.

Is there a way to output a single rendered frame to a jpg rather than to the web browser?

Many thanks for your help.
Danny Austin,Technical Manager
PIX Set Visions
15 March 2016 17:28

Is there a way to output a single rendered frame to a jpg rather than to the web browser?
I suppose that it is possible using for example node.js but you should take into account that you still will need a browser on your server to render a scene etc. There are likely some pitfalls, I can't say exactly, because we haven't worked with such projects before
Blend4Web Team - developer
Twitter
LinkedIn

Please register or log in to leave a reply.