Forum

loading Text object

21 March 2016 12:22
Hello.
i realised that my scene was getting pretty heavy because of text objects. My models are like 150 polygones but the text object with the description is 50 000 or so… I was wondering if by any chance i could use the network node to pick the text in another file in my project. That way i hope to have only one text object with the right text loading in it on demand.
Not shure if this makes sense in the node tree maybe i better do that with JS?

EDIT : I had a look at documentation an IPA. It looks like there isn't much i can do with Text object.
06 May 2016 12:19
Hi, sorry for the late reply.

i realised that my scene was getting pretty heavy because of text objects
Are you talking about json/bin size or low FPS rate? In the second case this can be easily solved by using the Show/Hide nodes or via js code.

My models are like 150 polygones but the text object with the description is 50 000 or so… I was wondering if by any chance i could use the network node to pick the text in another file in my project. That way i hope to have only one text object with the right text loading in it on demand.
Not shure if this makes sense in the node tree maybe i better do that with JS?
Yes, JS would be the best way to do it. I think dynamic loading perfectly suits for the task. And it isn't available in Logic Nodes (except the latest JS Callback node, which is also about coding).

Please register or log in to leave a reply.