Forum

How to make jpg sequence?

16 March 2016 05:37
I tried to make it manually… but i took too much time…

How did you guys make this?
16 March 2016 09:55
Hello.

I usually use this gif to sprite converter.
18 March 2016 16:05
Just curious, in what case would you use a jpeg sequence in Blend4Web?
I thought all animated textures are supposed to be webm, m4v, or ogv.
Sorry if I'm missing something obvious….
21 March 2016 18:11

Hello.

IE doesn't support video textures. Also iPhone opens all videos in its own video player. We do it to prevent this.
21 March 2016 20:12
Thank you, Roman. That's really good to know!
22 March 2016 09:52

Do you mean the sprite image from the first message? I told you about our .seq format, our resources converter creates it. It's the same, but it has the .seq extension.

That sprite image was created because .gif images couldn't be used in canvas texture. But if it's necessary, you can use this.
23 March 2016 02:49

Do you mean the sprite image from the first message? I told you about our .seq format, our resources converter creates it. It's the same, but it has the .seq extension.

Oh, I didn't realize there was a difference. I assumed ez2rfc was talking about an animated texture made of JPEG frames that was UV-mapped to an object. So do you mean an image sequence can either be in .jpg format or .seq format, and that the result is the same?
23 March 2016 10:01

Oh, I didn't realize there was a difference. I assumed ez2rfc was talking about an animated texture made of JPEG frames that was UV-mapped to an object. So do you mean an image sequence can either be in .jpg format or .seq format, and that the result is the same?

I didn't realize your first question and began to talk about .seq format. Sorry
Our engine uses .seq format as a video texture (alternative format), if it exists and you use Internet Explorer or iPhone. In other words, it's video for videotextures.

If you want to have an animated texture and you don't want to use a video texture, you can use a canvas texture or node material with that image. That image is from this tutorial.

Please register or log in to leave a reply.