Forum

JS and node trees

15 April 2016 00:27
Hi,

I would like to launch Node Trees from Blender inside my JS script, is this possible ? For example, I've got a basic animation with vsibility/hide set within a node tree and I would like to launch it with a JS function.

If not, is there a way in JS to reset timeline and make the scene to play from 0 again ? I'm looking for a fast way to do so so I don't have to set a frame 0 on each object I have. I tried NLA but I probably miss something, console tell me that m_nla.set_frame() is not a function. I tried also the time module but can't figure what "callback" or "timeout" means.

Any help would be appreciate :)
15 April 2016 11:13
Hello,

It is better to wait for 16.04 in this case, because we are presenting exactly the described functionality in this version. You will be able to call specially predefined JS scripts from the node tree and vice versa.
15 April 2016 12:49
Thank you Evgeny, I'm glad this is coming soon !

But I have to solve the issue quite quickly so for now, I can do animation in javascript but I would like to know if reseting the global timeline with JS is possible with current version?

28 April 2016 11:09

Hi,

I would like to launch Node Trees from Blender inside my JS script, is this possible ? For example, I've got a basic animation with vsibility/hide set within a node tree and I would like to launch it with a JS function.
Hello!

Check our latest RC 16.04. There is a feature you were looking for
Blend4Web Team - developer
Twitter
LinkedIn
29 April 2016 14:59
Reply to post of user Konstantin Khomyakov
Check our latest RC 16.04. There is a feature you were looking for

Super nice ! I'll try that thank you, it'll surely ease my workflow

Please register or log in to leave a reply.