Forum

Realtime Data

19 April 2016 23:05
Hello all,

I recently chanced upon this nifty WebGL, which shows real-time transactions on the Bitcoin network:

link

It seems to be placing objects into the scene based on input from some external data source, from the website info section:

"THIS IS MADE USING USING THE AWESOME THREE.JS AND OIMO.JS JAVASCRIPT LIBRARIES, AND LIVE STREAMING BITCOIN TRANSACTION DATA FROM BLOCKCHAIN.INFO. THIS DEMO USES QUITE EXPERIMENTAL BROWSER TECHNIQUES AND WORKS BEST IN THE GOOGLE CHROME BROWSER"

So I was wondering can we do stuff like this using Blend4Web? (Well, I'm sure its possible in some capacity) what I'm really asking is can someone point me in the direction of how to start getting real-time data into a scene?

Many Thanks in advance
28 April 2016 16:11
You can do the same of course. There are several ways to solve such task. For example, you can use objects.copy() and trasnform.set_translation methods to duplicate and place some predefined primitives to the required positions.
04 May 2016 19:17
Thanks for this, I wasn't aware of objects.copy. I am only just learning to control scenes using javascript but am loving the possibilities.

Please register or log in to leave a reply.