Forum

Exporting blend4web scene back into Blender/Cycles?

07 May 2016 19:30
Hi,

I am currently researching for a project that would require getting a scene from blend4web back into blender and not sure how this would be possible. (If it's feasible, it would likely be paid work for someone who could take it on)

The basic premise is:

1) default scene exported from blender as blend4web json
2) scene Loaded into b4w
3) web user manipulates scene (loads new models over existing ones, changes attributes etc) using a UI built on the JS API)
4) new scene is exported to a server queue (see step 6)
5) queue is processed and passed to blender command line
6) blender receives either the data for a full scene to render , or data describing the actions required in order to recreate the new scene from the old scene (ie replicating the user's changes)

The parts I'm not sure about are 4 and 6. I can't find any existing examples of this, presumably because blend4web only really has export routines. Ignore the method for data transfer in terms of the sever/queue, it's just the actual data format that's the issue.

If anyone has any suggestions as to whether this should be possible, I'd be grateful for your input.

I also looked into whether a different format/platform would be better eg Collada and three.js for the front end…but we still need to get it back into blender.

Thanks for any advice
Joe

10 May 2016 16:48
Hi and welcome to Blend4web forums!

4) new scene is exported to a server queue (see step 6)

6) blender receives either the data for a full scene to render , or data describing the actions required in order to recreate the new scene from the old scene (ie replicating the user's changes)

This is possible, see this question on revoking python scripts from the command line. We in Blend4Web reexport our JSON/HTML scenes every release. See also how the Project Manager reexports scenes.

Hope this helps!
The Founder | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin

Please register or log in to leave a reply.