Forum

handling textures from fbx EDIT +physics issues

27 January 2016 13:09
I'm using the project manager ! Re export secenes. I manage to change behaviour of objects like static to dynamic so i guess the export works. I'll can't check for other collision cause if i don't go straight through the floor i have a horrible flicking effect happening. It happen with the player object if not static.

NAILED IT !
The house collision if messing up the seen. Triangulated wesh not supported ! Turned house collision of and it works.

Only could you please take a look at my JS i can't get the movements to work.
27 January 2016 14:24

I'll can't check for other collision cause if i don't go straight through the floor i have a horrible flicking effect happening. It happen with the player object if not static.
For collision such as walls, floors, pillar and other better to use materials with collision checkbox turned on instead of pshisycs pyte of collision. Physic type of collision better to use for small objects like tank, barrels chairs or others.
Blend4web and that kind of thing.
27 January 2016 16:46
OK. I'll try that. I really didn't understand the difference. Sound obvious now.
27 January 2016 17:33

OK. I'll try that. I really didn't understand the difference. Sound obvious now.
Difference are in the type of collision between them. If you need simple static collision that will stay on same place during all time you better in any way to use simple material collision. If you need dynamic object that can be picked, pulled or just moved (even using api) somewhere you need to use physic type of collision - it will load much more CPU, but it allow you to do modification with the object. Simple material collision dons't allow to move it. Also physic type of collision can cause some strange behavior like you have with floor and table.
Blend4web and that kind of thing.
28 January 2016 00:04
Ok thank you so much! This makes all the difference!

And for the JS i found my mistake i commented the 2 lines calling controls but i should of only commented the one for camera control…
I am very excited with this. I hope to add all sort of interactions in this app. You will here of me again !

Please register or log in to leave a reply.