Forum

Blend4Web 16.11 Released

30 November 2016 12:03
We are glad to present a new release of Blend4Web, a complete open source solution for creating interactive 3D web experiences. The most prominent features of this release are: support for material nodes of the Cycles non-real-time renderer, new API module for facilitating first-person controls, the upgraded Petigor's Quest with source files and the text editor introduced in the Project Manager.
https://www.blend4web.com/en/community/article/296/
The Founder | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
01 December 2016 16:06
E21
Wow! That's really great that we will be able to use Blender Cycles nodes with B4W. Is your goal to be able to do PBR textures via node trees like "PBR Uber-Shader" or similar?

I'm discovering B4W and I think PBR textures would make the learning curve easier. I think it's a awesome software, keep up the great work!

Cheers!
01 December 2016 18:04
Wow! That's really great that we will be able to use Blender Cycles nodes with B4W. Is your goal to be able to do PBR textures via node trees like "PBR Uber-Shader" or similar?

I'm discovering B4W and I think PBR textures would make the learning curve easier. I think it's a awesome software, keep up the great work!

Cheers!
Hello and welcome to our forum!

As far as I can see most of "PBR Uber-Shaders" (like that https://jtheninja.wordpress.com/2016/09/18/simple-pbr-v5/ are node groups which somehow mix Cycles shader nodes to make user's life easier and materials tweaking closer to other renders (including real-time ones like Unreal, Unity).
Our aim is to make cycles nodes look in b4w as similar to those rendered in Blender as possible (respecting real-time limitations). So that all flexibility of Cycles materials (including ubers/supers/mega pbrs) will be available for users.
Blend4Web Team - developer
Twitter
LinkedIn
01 December 2016 19:20
E21
Thank you Konstantin!

I come from Unreal Engine and VR. I'm interested in having a light-weight engine running on a browser. B4W looks like it's what I need. Great to know PBR (Cycles) should work in the future. I was impressed to find a parallax occlusion mapping on such a Javascript engine. You guys rock! ;-)
09 December 2016 03:44
What are they feeding you guys there!!! Every time i come to the site my mind is blown! Well done you guys.

Please register or log in to leave a reply.