Forum

Anchors Explained. How to Set Up Annotations

03 April 2017 15:44
There were tons of questions regarding anchors/annotations work. So we decided to write an article which aims to answer most of them. Enjoy reading!

Link to the article

Project source files
08 April 2017 22:37
I also discovered you can use Emojis in the Annotations they work across all browsers!
30 April 2017 11:55
I just read the whole tutorial. That was very well written. I use those quite often but now I understand them better. The click-to-reveal-more function will come in handy.
24 January 2018 15:32
why it wont work for me
25 January 2018 11:21
why it wont work for me

What are you trying to do? What is not clear?
Alexander (Blend4Web Team)
twitter
01 February 2018 10:51
This is excellent!! Thanks!
03 March 2018 21:07
Reply to post of user Alexander Romanov
What are you trying to do? What is not clear?

Since …Capili011… didn't get back to you, I would like to pick up a similar problem.
The "annotation" anchors works great. However the "custom element" is baffling.

I have intermediate HTML and JavaScript coding skills, and working on a MacOS 10.13.2 with blender 2.79 and blend4web 17.12.0.
Problem: getting "custom element" to engage.

I tried running a script through the Blender text editor to no avail. Where or how do I get "custom element" to run the script?
04 March 2018 00:26
Reply to post of user Joshea
Since …Capili011… didn't get back to you, I would like to pick up a similar problem.
The "annotation" anchors works great. However the "custom element" is baffling.

I have intermediate HTML and JavaScript coding skills, and working on a MacOS 10.13.2 with blender 2.79 and blend4web 17.12.0.
Problem: getting "custom element" to engage.

I tried running a script through the Blender text editor to no avail. Where or how do I get "custom element" to run the script?

I may have solved my own problem. I went back to "Annotation" and used the following HTML code (first attachment) in both the Title and Description lines of Meta Tags. It gives the freedom of choice for color and size.

If there's a disappointment, I can't change the background color of the text…yet. If someone figures it out, please post.
Second and third attachments are the results.
13 February 2020 15:56
Hi,

I seem to be missing something when trying the expert mode.

I downloaded your sample project files and tried running the custom_anchor.html expecting to see your box with the anchor text links. This did not happen and I just got a black screen in my browser.

In the tutorial you say to enter the body text under the canvas div. Do you mean I should export the blender project as the complete blend4web html file and add your html code suggestions to this main file? Or is this to be a separate html file specifically for the annotations?

I seem to be missing how this all links with the CSS and java files too.

I'm running Blender 2.79

Thanks for your help.

Jas

***NB***

I figured it out. I was trying to set this all up manually, but figured it out using the project manager within Blender. I created the project name with the default settings and could edit the html, css and java from the project manager panel (project manager editor in the browser window not within Blender)

The main tip I worked out the hard way, was making sure your save the blender project file and json file with the same name as the project name and in the right directory within the blender project folders.

All running fine now, looks great.

Please register or log in to leave a reply.