Forum

New Anchor addition

06 April 2017 22:37
The new custom anchor is amazing, I think it can have two additions that will make a major difference in its possible use cases.

1. Use a ray between the camera and the anchor point to establish any obstacles/meshes that would render the anchored element invisible. Possible check box in properties for "Hidden behind meshes"

2. Use css3 3d transforms to match visual perspective and skewing based on the anchors object x or y axis and the cameras possition to simulate things like moving to the side of the html element. Possible applications would be such as simulating html content on a 3d wall. Possible check box in properties for "Lock vector space"

With these two additions i dont think html and webgl will need anything else to work perfectly together. Still grasping the last two features you guys added with multiple canvas and custom html annotations, ridiculous, you guys need to slow down or you will break the internet
07 April 2017 11:13
Thanks for the kind words!

1. Use a ray between the camera and the anchor point to establish any obstacles/meshes that would render the anchored element invisible. Possible check box in properties for "Hidden behind meshes"
Doesn't Detect Visibility flag in Anchor's settings solve this problem?

2. Use css3 3d transforms to match visual perspective and skewing based on the anchors object x or y axis and the cameras possition to simulate things like moving to the side of the html element. Possible applications would be such as simulating html content on a 3d wall. Possible check box in properties for "Lock vector space"
Thanks for the suggestion. We'll think of something like this.
07 April 2017 21:17
* Detect Visibility Flew right by me how embarrassing. Awesome you guys rock

Please register or log in to leave a reply.