Forum

Will the upcoming Principled Shader Be supported?

27 June 2017 23:41
I am excited about many of the developments in Blender in regards to the Viewport Project as well as the EEvEE engine. Which I have seen some indications that these features will make integration with Blend4web even better. I have also noticed many people talking about PBR shaders; and specifically there is a new shader in the Cycles Engine called: "Principled Shader". This shader seems to be much easier to create realistic materials using real world logic regarding the aspects of what makes a material appear the way it does based on simple aspects; rather than a array of math nodes and vectors, and every other hair pulling method.

I am hoping that a PBR shader is a priority in Blend4web. The Principled shader would be great if it would be possible, combined with some bump maps or textures; should be suitable to create almost any realistic material. I definitely feel this is the greatest barrier to entry for people who would like to use Blend4web to publish 3D web content. (including myself . . . )

Could anyone from Blend4web comment on the future intentions for PBR shaders and or the Principled Shader?

Thanks . . .
11 July 2017 10:37
Could anyone from Blend4web comment on the future intentions for PBR shaders and or the Principled Shader?
Hi

yeah we are working hard on the upcoming PBR component of the engine
You can take a look at my little presentation at the recent b4w conf
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiI4BuHz4HI
Blend4Web Team - developer
Twitter
LinkedIn

Please register or log in to leave a reply.