Forum

Dynamic content link ability with b4w

28 March 2015 20:17

Do we have any scope of using a kind of .xml type technique? My focus is to see if any dynamic content update can be achieved with b4w?
I know updating or modifying blender file and publishing will do everything but… need to know without going back to blender scene can anything happen?

Example :
I have done everything about a typical product 3D model presentation and published typically in html with b4w. Can I >

1. Link some excel data file to update anything seen in interactive 3D view by manipulating excel sheet cell values?
2. Can I have a any texture mapped image placed in a directory which upon replacing with another one reflects change in browser view just by refreshing it?
3. Can I use an interpreter in between 3D html file & a content file i wish to update time to time. ( It may have limited scope as per features )
4. From within the 3D scene in browser, can I have facility to go to some external link by clicking on annotations ( url ) ? in the same window or in new window.
example : if clicked on a annotation the viewer directly gets a new link opened in a browser or simple pdf file is triggered in a new tab for some details of the product.

I wish to deploy my 3Dhtml to a client with certain change abilities at their finger tips without whole knowledge of b4w?

Is it a next version vision? any chances or its far far away as on today? where are we?

Regards
Visualization expert!
30 March 2015 12:13
Hi,

Actually, almost everything you have described is possible right now. Of course, this will require a full-scale application. Not just an exported html file.
1. Link some excel data file to update anything seen in interactive 3D view by manipulating excel sheet cell values?
For example, you want to update some mesh on the scene. You can read an array of vertexes from your xml file and call geometry.override_geometry function to update actual geometry.
2. Can I have a any texture mapped image placed in a directory which upon replacing with another one reflects change in browser view just by refreshing it?
This is how it works by default for json exported scene. It just has a link to all the resources, and when you update some you will see changes in the browser.
3. Can I use an interpreter in between 3D html file & a content file i wish to update time to time. ( It may have limited scope as per features )
As in the first question - a bit of programming will be required, and the approach will be the same.
4. From within the 3D scene in browser, can I have facility to go to some external link by clicking on annotations ( url ) ? in the same window or in new window.
What kind of annotation are you speaking about?
If you mean 3D object, than it was described in your topic here. But the callback should use something like this:
window.location="your_link.com";

If you want a trigger with an html element - you can use our new anchors system (first clause in 15.03 release notes), and just apply some callback for on_click event on the required element.

Please register or log in to leave a reply.