Forum

problem with basic textures

30 June 2016 12:31
Hi guys,

First of all, thanks for your very impressive work! Keep on going!

As it happens, I'm working on my thesis on using B4W for a web-based 3D visualization, and after weeks of modelling work on Blender, I've just started digging into the B4W part of the project and straight away found myself in a trouble. :)

I'm having a very strange problem with textured objects. I've studied your material examples that came with the package and they work just fine. However, when I start from the scratch and create an object and then define a material (with all the default values) and a texture to it, all seems to be ok until I preview the scene in the browser.

In the viewport the texture is shown normally in the material view, so the material settings should be ok (I checked every setting I could find in your examples…). But the texture doesn't show in the browser, not with the Fast Preview nor when exporting the scene as a json file. Interesting bit is, that when you export the scene as a html file, all is fine and the texture is shown as it should be. The same thing happens with Firefox and Chrome so it's not a browser related issue.

Just to make it clear, all the basic materials without any textures are ok. And yes, I've tried both POT and NPOT textures and jpg / png files with the same results. Now I feel I'm at my wits end with this… Am I missing something very elementary here?

I'm using Win8 PC, with fresh installation of B4W 16.05.

Cheers, Harri
30 June 2016 12:44

But the texture doesn't show in the browser, not with the Fast Preview nor when exporting the scene as a json file. Interesting bit is, that when you export the scene as a html file, all is fine and the texture is shown as it should be. The same thing happens with Firefox and Chrome so it's not a browser related issue.
It's a common newby problem. It's becaouse your textures not inside SDK folder, so you need to put your textures inside the Blend4Web SDK folder. You can read about it here.
Blend4web and that kind of thing.
30 June 2016 14:55
Thanks for your swift reply! I knew it had to be something very simple.

Cheers, Harri
01 July 2016 10:16
But the texture doesn't show in the browser, not with the Fast Preview
btw, Fast Preview should work in the latest 16.06 version

Please register or log in to leave a reply.