Forum

Camera issue or bug? Animation stops after first time!

18 August 2016 12:13
Hello there,
I have been suffering a lot when it comes to controlling the camera! In camera view mode I see this:

but when I 'fast preview' the project, that is what I see:

If I zoom out a bit, I find this:

I was actually doing some changes in the node editor, before that everything was fine
You may see the scene before the problem:
https://ammarrashed.github.io/OrigamiHeart/webplayer.html?load=OrigamiHeart.json

The camera settings are like that:

……………………
I also wanted to ask about animation, I made a cone and made it as a button, and in the node editor whenever I click on it, it should play an animation then do the next action, but only in the first time it does that and after that it only jumps over the animation and goes to the next action! which doesn't make sense at all according to the tree I have in the node editor!
Here is the link of the project after latest edits:
link

I have another question about textures animation but that is for another discussion
Thanks a lot for the amazing work, you guys are shaping the future
18 August 2016 17:28
For skipping the animation, I just had to change it from finish-stop to finish-reset.
Is there any way to use logic editor with sensors and stuff while using blend4web to render?
18 August 2016 19:50
Hi!
Regarding logic nodes, I can say that your approach is confusing. I've modified the node tree with two main points in mind:
1) You can use variables for state representation. This can significantly simplify the layout.
2) You can use many Entry Points for example for independent object animations

And one more thing: unfortunately Logic Editor doesn't support reverse animation playback, so you should make reversed animations manually.
Alexander (Blend4Web Team)
twitter
19 August 2016 10:43
And one more thing: unfortunately Logic Editor doesn't support reverse animation playback, so you should make reversed animations manually
this also can be done by reusing the existing animation as NLA track and enabling the "Reversed" option
then NLA can be called via the Play Timeline node
19 August 2016 11:16
Oh! Thanks a lot.
But what about the camera issue? Also what if I am making a main menu, and wanna switch between scenes? since I cannot use the logic editor like "set scene to…", what shall I do? That shall cover my last questions regarding the project I am working on btw
19 August 2016 12:00
Reply to post of user Ammar Rashed
Oh! Thanks a lot.
But what about the camera issue? Also what if I am making a main menu, and wanna switch between scenes? since I cannot use the logic editor like "set scene to…", what shall I do? That shall cover my last questions regarding the project I am working on btw

I've taken a look at the scene. It is not the camera which gets an offset, it is the Plane object. If you take a look at its coordinates, they are close to [0,0,0], but in Blender, it receives some sort of offset because of applied modifiers, which we can't see in the baked animation (if you remove the modifiers, Plane will be in the center again). I don't know the exact reason for this (I'm not an artist), but the easiest solution is to consider that the object is really in the center.

Scene switching (loading/unloading) is not supported by Logic editor for the moment, but there are several workarounds can be applied. E.g. you can hide/unhide necessary objects instead of loading/unloading. Another option is to move camera to different locations on the current scene, where required objects are placed.
21 August 2016 20:02
Great,
I wanted to add more fancy stuff to the project, specifically "Explode" modifier. The thing is, only the particles -from the particle modifier- appear. Tried "Apply modifiers" from export options, and even tried to bake it as a vertex animation, but it didn't work. I checked the "Explosion" part at "Petigor's Tale" link
Couldn't get what I wanted from there.
23 August 2016 10:49
I wanted to add more fancy stuff to the project, specifically "Explode" modifier. The thing is, only the particles -from the particle modifier- appear. Tried "Apply modifiers" from export options, and even tried to bake it as a vertex animation, but it didn't work. I checked the "Explosion" part at "Petigor's Tale" link
Explosion modifyer will not work in the engene. Try to use technic used for golem crash. You can find detailed explanation in this tutorial somewhere in the middle of article.
Blend4web and that kind of thing.

Please register or log in to leave a reply.