Forum

Materials missmatch 16.01 vs 16.08/09

10 October 2016 12:24
Hello everyone!

Raúl Loza from Alugroup here.
I don't really know if this is really a bug, or something that has changed without me noticing.
I have been following your great work in updates, and finally got some time to go ahead and update the engine myself.
I have tested both 16.08 and 16.09 versions, and everything works great but for a couple of changes I can see on materials.
I use Node Materials, and I can see new parameters in those, but probably you will know better what happens here.
I attach some screenshots so you can view the differences between "orig" and "new".
The main problem comes with cubemaps, that appear somehow rotated, meaning the bright spot is still there but in another position (screenshots 1 to 4).
Furthermore, the falloff effect I use for suede material seems stronger than usual (screenshots orig_suede vs new_suede).
I wonder if you know the parameters or anything new than can make these differences from 16.01, so it will be easier to update the Node Material (quite big monster right now).

Thank you very much!
10 October 2016 17:30
The main problem comes with cubemaps, that appear somehow rotated, meaning the bright spot is still there but in another position (screenshots 1 to 4).
hello! can you send a .blend?
10 October 2016 17:34
Try to look through vectors you are using. As we changed coordinate system, they might have been changed as well.

For example, if you were using Vector View node, it might help to replace it with Vector Teansform node, using World -> Camera transformation.

Also there may now be the problem with Matcaps - try to reverse them, either by changing the vector (it must be inverted - I recommend choosing Vector Math -> Subtract from 0,0,0 vector), or just mirror the matcap images manually by both axes.

Also every Normal map now works like this: Texture Color output (Yellow) -> Normal Map node (also check if every Nomal Map texture is set to Non-color data). This way it'll also work correctly on Blender.

And sure, with the .blend file or just screenshots of vector operations on your material it'd be much more easier to find what is wrong!

Hope it'll help!
10 October 2016 17:45
Thanks Pavel, I will try those out.
I cannot really share the .blend, as it is considered an enterprise secret, sorry.
That's why I made several screenshots.
Anyway, at least now I know where to start to look at.
I will notify you with the results, so maybe it would help someone else .

Please register or log in to leave a reply.