Forum

Keyboard/gamepad input

30 October 2016 22:46
Hi, I mentioned this at the conference but please add keyboard /game pad input nodes. It seems realy weird that a game engine dose not have this feature. Not every game is a point and click and its realy dissapointing to have to use java code when there's a nice looking node system that's just missing keyboard input.

Thanks Ally
www.lowtek.co.uk
01 November 2016 14:44
Hi, I mentioned this at the conference but please add keyboard /game pad input nodes. It seems realy weird that a game engine dose not have this feature. Not every game is a point and click and its realy dissapointing to have to use java code when there's a nice looking node system that's just missing keyboard input.

Thanks Ally
Yes, keyboard input it's a reaaly very important feature and as I said before in one day (I hope) we'll add it to the logic node system, but not we started to implement very important feature in materal node system, so, unfortunaly, work on logic node system moved to a less priority.
Blend4web and that kind of thing.
19 March 2017 17:49
i too would like this function… also if it could be to a onscreen keyboard so that it could be incorporated into mobile applications.
07 January 2018 08:01
Would love to see this too. Is this on the road map for any upcoming release?
08 January 2018 21:56
ya no kidding.

what's the easiest way to use the keys to move something around and keep most of the work in the logic nodes..

I'm guessing JSCALLBACK to detect key presses?

Please register or log in to leave a reply.