Forum

Documentation as Dash Docset

16 November 2016 15:31
Many coders working in Mac use Dash as a documentation reference helper (I believe the equivalents may be Zeal for Linux and Velocity for Windows).

Have you considered contributing the Blend4Web API reference as a Dash docset so that it is accesible from these platforms? I believe this should be fairly easy for you, there is some detailed documentation on the process, and it would be extremely helpful for people who have Dash integrated in their workflow (that includes us, obviously).

Thanks a lot!
17 November 2016 11:52
I don't know Dash Docset and I'm not here to answer to sciremedia but I benefit this post on the documentation to propose something.

Your module doc is complete but lacks examples. In the Unity doc, there is example for each function, attributs and it's very helpful to vizualise how works differents function. Personnaly, I have many difficulty using sensor, and other function in camera module, etc

Sorry to use this post and thanks for your job.
I'm not crazy ! My reality is just different than yours.
18 November 2016 14:02
Have you considered contributing the Blend4Web API reference as a Dash docset so that it is accesible from these platforms?
Hi! This sounds like a good idea. There is a tool for generating docsets from JsDoc comments (which are used by Blend4Web). We'll discuss this possibility and let you know in this thread.
18 November 2016 14:03
Reply to post of user HotGoblins
I don't know Dash Docset and I'm not here to answer to sciremedia but I benefit this post on the documentation to propose something.

Your module doc is complete but lacks examples. In the Unity doc, there is example for each function, attributs and it's very helpful to vizualise how works differents function. Personnaly, I have many difficulty using sensor, and other function in camera module, etc

Sorry to use this post and thanks for your job.
Actually, we have already started adding some examples.

Please register or log in to leave a reply.