Forum

Noisy render in "fast preview" after export from Cycles material

14 December 2016 12:17
Greetings!

From 16.11 Blend4web supports some of the Cycles materials. I did a simple test and strangely the "fast preview" in my Chrome browser is very noisy and something seems wrong (not sure if I missed something):

My blender file is very simple: a cute, a material with a Diffuse and a Glossy shader mixed together:

I am quite new to Blend4web so it's possible that I did something wrong. I also attach my blender file (I use Blender 2.78a and Blend4web 16.11, in a 2015 mac book pro).

A side question: are you guys planning to shift the focus from BI materials to Cycles materials in the near future? I know Cycles isn't designed for real-time usage so what I expect is just that we use Cycles materials in our Blender file and then Blend4web converts them behind the scene to achieve what BI materials achieve currently. 16.11's Cycles support is already part of the work but I want to know if you will put long-time efforts onto it. I asked this because there aren't many BI node-material learning stuff in the Internet and Cycles materials prevail for a few years so I wonder if I can replace learning BI node-materials by learning Cycles node-materials only.

Thank you for your help. You guys do an awesome job!!!
14 December 2016 12:30
Hello and welcome to our forum!

From 16.11 Blend4web supports some of the Cycles materials. I did a simple test and strangely the "fast preview" in my Chrome browser is very noisy and something seems wrong (not sure if I missed something):
I've fast previewed your file and the result is not noisy.
Could you please provide some additional info:
- system you are using
- the result page of typing chrome:gpu in the address bar of the chrome browser
- screenshot of the console log after loading blend4web scene (in chrome console may be called via pressing F12)

A side question: are you guys planning to shift the focus from BI materials to Cycles materials in the near future? I know Cycles isn't designed for real-time usage so what I expect is just that we use Cycles materials in our Blender file and then Blend4web converts them behind the scene to achieve what BI materials achieve currently. 16.11's Cycles support is already part of the work but I want to know if you will put long-time efforts onto it. I asked this because there aren't many BI node-material learning stuff in the Internet and Cycles materials prevail for a few years so I wonder if I can replace learning BI node-materials by learning Cycles node-materials only.

There is a related answer: https://www.blend4web.com/en/forums/topic/2776/?page=1#post-14306
also another related discussion: https://www.blend4web.com/en/forums/topic/2809/#post-14474
UPD:
Summary: we'll try to implement cycles materials as close to rendered in Cycles as possible according to real-time and webgl restrictions. Correct displaying of the cycles materials in the blend4web viewport mode is currently impossible and requires deep blender patching
Blend4Web Team - developer
Twitter
LinkedIn
14 December 2016 13:42
Hi Konstantin,

Thank you for your reply! Here is the information you asked.

Reply to post of user Konstantin Khomyakov
- system you are using

macOS Sierra 10.12.2
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)
2.2 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

- the result page of typing chrome:gpu in the address bar of the chrome browser

- screenshot of the console log after loading blend4web scene
14 December 2016 15:04
Thank you, we'll check the issue!
Blend4Web Team - developer
Twitter
LinkedIn

Please register or log in to leave a reply.