Forum

Rotating animation on load

17 December 2014 18:06
Is it possible to set the rotation on model loaded ON by default?
And to add links anchors?

Wonderful engine. I love it and I'll start to work on it for sure.
Keep up the good work.
17 December 2014 18:26
Hello and welcome here!

Can you please tell more details? About rotation - you want, like, to export a cube so it will automatically rotate? Or like shown here (adding animated fan) - to load an object from another .json so it will be animated? If it's the second - I'll ask our programmers to answer

And about links - you click on an object and jump to another page, correct?

Thanks for kind words Sure we will!
17 December 2014 21:53
1: I would like to see my object rotating on the scene. If possible the automatic rotation, the same I can choose from the bottom right menu, but set ON by default.

2: Yes. url links inside the scene.

Thanks for your fast answer
18 December 2014 10:41
Hi,
1: I would like to see my object rotating on the scene. If possible the automatic rotation, the same I can choose from the bottom right menu, but set ON by default.
You may animate your object with a simple rotation in Blender and under Blend4Web setting in object interface set Animation->Use default and Animation->Behaviour->Cyclic.
If you want the whole scene to be rotated you can do the same manipulations with camera (e.g. rotate it around the scene). But make sure you've changed Camera Move Style to Static, so that mouse/keyboard controls won't affect camera position.
2: Yes. url links inside the scene.
You surely can do this. But it'll require a bit programming. If you want a new page to be loaded when a user clicks on a specific object you need to make this object Selectable and register mouse_click event on your canvas element. Then use the scenes.pick_object function. It returns object placed in x,y screen coordinates. If this is needed object you can redirect to some needed page
29 December 2014 20:54
I also agree that the turntable rotation button in the bottom menu; should have a setting to make it active by default on scene load. I think this is important for people viewing a 3D scene perhaps for the first time; likely not realizing it is an interactive experience, which is awaiting their interaction . . . .

Another thought, is to have a interaction overlay demo when the scene loads. Something that showed little circles (perhaps SVG finger prints); that demonstrate the finger or mouse movements and how they effect the scene/camera, etc. this "overlay" could be a darkened translucent layer over the scene; that could be exited by the user; and even perhaps a button added to the other existing options in the bottom menu; to be able to bring back up the demo interaction/navigation mode.

Also: I was wondering if there were perhaps any settings to change the speed of the turntable?
30 December 2014 09:58
@mcolinp Hi, and welcome to this forum!
I also agree that the turntable rotation button in the bottom menu; should have a setting to make it active by default on scene load. I think this is important for people viewing a 3D scene perhaps for the first time; likely not realizing it is an interactive experience, which is awaiting their interaction . . . .
Thanks for suggesting, we'll consider adding the auto-rotate-onload option to the target camera settings.
Another thought, is to have a interaction overlay demo when the scene loads. Something that showed little circles (perhaps SVG finger prints); that demonstrate the finger or mouse movements and how they effect the scene/camera, etc. this "overlay" could be a darkened translucent layer over the scene; that could be exited by the user;
Indeed some hint on startup could be useful. We'll think about how it could be designed.
and even perhaps a button added to the other existing options in the bottom menu; to be able to bring back up the demo interaction/navigation mode.
Yeah, btw, there is the button with a question mark on it. It shows the help window.
Also: I was wondering if there were perhaps any settings to change the speed of the turntable?
Since version 14.12 camera movement velocity can be tweaked in Blender. More info.
The Founder | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
27 January 2015 00:48
Woah! Did not read all these answers. Thanks a lot, I'm taking a look at your engine.
Tomorrow i'll try to code a link on 3d objects, I found this other post useful I think https://www.blend4web.com/en/forums/topic/66/

And then, looking forward to autorotate onload !

I'll definitelly keep up a look on this site. Thanks, this is a small forum but quite participative!
01 March 2015 11:17
First of all, great job!!! The result is just incredible, hope you to expand more on the market.

Now, when i export using Animation, Default, Cyclic, Finish Stop or Finish Reset, my object never start autorotating.
But when loaded, the auto rotate button works.

Can you tell me where to change it in the html code?
01 March 2015 14:16
Hey guys,

the autorotate option for the web player has been implemented in version 15.01
The Founder | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin

Please register or log in to leave a reply.