Forum

Firefox events bug

16 January 2017 12:39
It's been a while since I have been experiencing this bug in Firefox, since the last update I think this happens. If you create a FPS setup and you open it in Firefox when you hit for example, the forward key as soon as you push the key a search bar appears at the bottom of the screen and starts getting the characters you are pushing.

Have anyone notice this behaviour? And, is there a workaround to this? I hope is not my browser, I have installed it recently and everything seems to work ok. Prior to the last update I've been working in Firefox normally.

Cheers
Marcos
14 April 2017 15:19
Well, it's been a while since I posted this bug but at last it was my fault. It was simply an option in Firefox called Find As Your Type, it can be deactivated in the advanced tab of the Firefox preferences.

Only one more question remains, can this option be ignored from javascript? It would be useful to check for the web browser and in case it is Firefox deactivate that option, I don't know if this can be done in the dom or window classes ???

Please register or log in to leave a reply.