Forum

WebGL error on Google Chrome

03 August 2017 15:13
Hello,
I've got errors when opening the page on Google Chrome Macs (not all the Macs, not on PC) and the error says:

[.Offscreen-For-WebGL-0x7fb26f1ee200]GL ERROR :GL_INVALID_OPERATION : glBlitFramebufferCHROMIUM: src and dst formats differ for color

Anyone has any idea how to fix this?
03 August 2017 16:48
Hi, this problem can be related with MSAA. You can try to disable it with the following code, when initializing the application:
exports.init = function() {
    m_app.init({
        quality: m_cfg.P_CUSTOM,
        msaa_samples: 1
    });
}

Anyway, it will be helpful to show us the output of the "chrome://gpu" page, which contains useful hardware/software info about your machine, because we couldn't reproduce this bug on 2 different Macs.
08 August 2017 05:07
Reply to post of user Ivan Lyubovnikov
Hi, this problem can be related with MSAA. You can try to disable it with the following code, when initializing the application:
exports.init = function() {
    m_app.init({
        quality: m_cfg.P_CUSTOM,
        msaa_samples: 1
    });
}

Anyway, it will be helpful to show us the output of the "chrome://gpu" page, which contains useful hardware/software info about your machine, because we couldn't reproduce this bug on 2 different Macs.

I have reported this bug to Goolge Chrome and they have fixed it. https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=752143
But it will be a while before Chrome 61 is released. He mentioned a workaround. I do need to get the viewer to work as early as possible, so I am wondering whether you can help with the workaround. Thanks!!!

btw, I emailed b4w support as well.
08 August 2017 10:43
I have reported this bug to Goolge Chrome and they have fixed it. https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=752143
But it will be a while before Chrome 61 is released.
Thanks for that, this is very helpful!
FYI according to the release schedule page, Chrome 61 is planned to become stable in early September.
08 August 2017 16:00
Thanks for that, this is very helpful!
FYI according to the release schedule page, Chrome 61 is planned to become stable in early September.
Oh nice! I was looking for the release schedule but didn't find it earlier.
Thanks Ivan
Li

Please register or log in to leave a reply.